PDA

View Full Version : River play

JDErickson
02-27-2004, 01:14 AM
loose Party Table. UTG1 is an idiot playing any hand to the river.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold 'Em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero raises, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

River: (13.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 22.50 BB, between Hero, UTG and UTG+1.</font>

Was the River raise too much?

THanx

asdf1234
02-27-2004, 01:49 AM
I don't think the river raise is too much, but calling and going for the two overcalls is also an option to consider, depending on the players. That way, you don't force them out, and if you did just get snapped on the river (or wherever), you're not looking at a reraise coming back at you.

me454555
02-27-2004, 02:28 AM
I think going for the overcall is better in this situation. You showed plenty of aggression through the whole hand. When UTG+1 bets into you w/a flush on the board, I can't see anyone calling 2 cold w/anything less than a flush.

calvin
02-27-2004, 03:26 AM
Raise the turn.

Calvin

ThinkQuick
02-27-2004, 03:41 AM

asdf1234
02-27-2004, 03:49 AM

Pjer d'Brt
02-27-2004, 04:58 AM
maybe u deserve to lose when u r capping the river with 4 of suit on board

bisonbison
02-27-2004, 05:02 AM
maybe u deserve to lose when u r capping the river with 4 of suit on board

diamond club spade spade spade. Way to count.

JDErickson
02-27-2004, 11:39 AM
Interesting responses.

Opponent flipped over J9o for the straight. His 1st preflop call was ridiculous and then his call of my raise was bad but other then that he had the OESD to draw to. I didn't even consider this hand and felt that if he RR flushed me than so be it.

I need to expand my hands that fish will play.

Thanx
Jim

sfer
02-27-2004, 11:45 AM
I was going to post the same thing.

Alobar
02-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Im suprised at how many people responded who can't read the board /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You played the hand fine until the river. I think calling and going for the overcalls is a better option. You put less chips at risk and prolly get the same payoff if you win. I'm always suspicious when someone who has been passive the whole way suddenly decides to bet into me on the river. but when the third suited hits it could just mean hes scared youll check his flush. I wouldn't have suspected the straight either, but either way by just calling your not opening yourself to a reraise and enticing the people behind you to call hoping their Ax or whatever is somehow going to hold up.