PDA

View Full Version : FlopDaNuts, but then it gets interesting.

ajizzle
02-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Party 1/2 6 max. One of my first hands at the table. Playing three at once, so no real reads so far.

IN the BB with 5s 8d. Check my option. 5 to the flop. Only lost MP. Flop comes 6d 7c 4h.

SB leads out. I call, one fold, CO and Button call.

Turn is 7d. SB bets again, I raise to 4, CO cold calls, button folds, SB calls.

River is 5d. SB checks, I lead out, CO raises, SB cold calls. I think for a long time. What am I up against? What is the right move here?

I call, rationlizing it by saying that I am getting pots odds to call one more BB in hopes of a chop. To my surpirse, the other two have the low end of the straight.

Yippie.

Is this a fold people make. How often am I gonna be up against TWO worse hands when there is a river raise and cold call. Not that many in my opinion. I called in hopes of a two or maybe even three way chop. It was a huge surpirse when I took the whole pot. Any comments?

Ajizzle

JP2k1
02-27-2004, 06:37 AM
I mean, you certainly have to be wary of the board pairing on the turn and the flush coming on the river. Not to mention the possibility someone has 89 to trump your straight.

So yes, from a logical point of view, it would be tough for a rational person to call after being raised and cold-called. But you really can't use terms like "logic" and "rational" when you're talking about a 1/2 Party table. So I think considering you had your straight, and most likely correct pot odds to call, your river call was fine.

chuckbomb
02-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Interesting plays. I probably would have mucked my hand, putting the CO on a flush or boat. Good call, and good luck with the quest.

AceHigh
02-28-2004, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a fold people make.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an easy call closing the action. There's too much chance you are at least splitting the pot to fold.

HajiShirazu
02-28-2004, 06:47 PM
My advice would be to not be surprised when you take the pot in this situation. /images/graemlins/grin.gif