PDA

View Full Version : Time for a very long break! UPDATE

VeryTnA
02-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Thanks Again to everyone who responded to my original taking a break post. The tips and hints were very helpful!!

I cashed everything out (before I could lose it ALL) and bought a very nice guitar. A Martin D something or other. The salesman said it was an investment that would never go bad. We'll I am only learning to play and my finger tips will only last so long. A problem I didn't think about.

I re-read some TOP and HFAP and started playing with my points at UB. 20K to 30K to 40k easy pickings. Today I found a tournament that paid real $$$$. Only 11,000 points. I play my best poker and make it to the final table. I FORGOT WHAT IT WAS LIKE. I'm the short stack, but thats OK! It's the final table!!!

First hand AKo in the BB. UTG makes min raise, MP re-raises, I go ALL IN hoping to drive out UTG, or at least triple up. (good play???)
FLOP= 2, 7, Q. The remaining 2 players go at it. Raise, RE-raise, RE-re-raise all in. I know I am sunk. Turn and river are rags. They both flip up AQo and split the pot, and I am GONE. What are the odds of that? I am smoked by a 2 outer again.

I am very happy to have made $$$ at a final table! Maybe my luck has turned. A short break and some 2+2 therapy can make a difference. I am not ready to hit the 10/20 just yet, but it won't be too long.

Anyone who has not tried the UB point games should give them a look. For the most part the NL players are serious. The action is a little on the tight side. Usually only 3-4 see the flop. The points are good for lots of different games and tournaments. It's some good clean fun without spending$$$.

Now where is my Martin.