PDA

View Full Version : Did I Get Too Greedy With 2-Pair?

Haupt_234
02-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Too greedy with the check-raise on the turn, or just unlucky with so many hands in the pot?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold 'Em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (14.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button raises, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB

Haupt_234

cosmo kramer
02-26-2004, 09:32 PM
That's an easy preflop fold UTG. You shouldn't even be in on the hand.

Haupt_234
02-26-2004, 09:38 PM
I understand that, but my question was: did i get too greedy?

If I was on tilt or not is irrelevant /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Pretend I was in the BB or something if it's that hard to answer...

asdf1234
02-26-2004, 09:47 PM
I don't think you played it too badly. I guess I'd have to be pretty sure that somebody would bet to try a turn checkraise. I suppose you got snapped off on the river by a bigger two pair or the straight.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Fold preflop! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jeffage
02-26-2004, 09:58 PM
You may not have asked, but you will be a significant longterm loser if u play hands like that UTG. I can't even imagine playing that there if I'm on tilt. As for the hand, you played it ok after that. Betting or checkraising the turn is ok.

Jeff

Haupt_234
02-26-2004, 10:02 PM
Yea, for some reason I have been playing weak aces from any pos. in $1/2. I know this is wrong and understand it explains for a significant leak in my game.

I am not sure why I am doing this, but i'm sure I won't do it anymore due to hadns like these.

Thanks for the input, it is appreciated.

Haupt_234