PDA

View Full Version : Victory for a Calling Station

kenski
02-26-2004, 09:01 PM
I just played a whacko $10/1 NL SnG. There were a few maniancs who got run over by a calling station who got great hands early. So the CS built up a huge chip lead, and made it next to impossible to bluff. He also never bluffed, and never bet at less then top pair so he was impossible to read. I thought I was set because no matter the size of any bet, he always called. Down to the final 2, he had 7K and I had 1K. I got no cards whatsoever, and check many 63o and 72o down to the river only to lose by 1 in the kicker battle. Again, no reason to bluff because he would call it. I figured I had to get one hand to bet strong at, but got none. He won 7 hands in a row, and I was done.

travisand
02-26-2004, 10:20 PM
So the CS built up a huge chip lead, and made it next to impossible to bluff. He also never bluffed, and never bet at less then top pair so he was impossible to read.

I sure hope you are kidding.

kenski
02-27-2004, 12:23 AM
lol, thanks for pointing out how dumb my statement was...

CrisBrown
02-27-2004, 02:14 AM
Hi kenski,

Calling stations can make you crazy at times. You have to adjust your play against them, and even if you make those adjustments, there will be days when they just catch every hand and you're hosed. That's part of the game.

In the long run, though, their money will end up in your bankroll, because you won't pay off as many of their hands as they will pay off of yours. So don't let this one game rock you too much. Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.

Cris