PDA

View Full Version : AA on the bubble: easy preflop fold?

Guy McSucker
02-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Five players remain in a two table PokerStars sit and go which has taken about nine hours thanks to last night's mass disconnections. Because of the connection problems, the tournament clock has been stopped since level 3, so the blinds are still 25-50.

I have 5500 UTG and pick up red aces.

I fold.

Anyone who does not believe this to be an eay fold should consider this: it was a mistake. I meant to raise. Duh. Never done it before and don't plan to do it again. Turns out to have been a good move since the BB had pocket kings and flopped four kings.

I came in second.

Guy.

ThaSaltCracka
02-26-2004, 08:38 PM
you idiot....... you saved yourself a lot of chips /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NotMitch
02-26-2004, 10:31 PM
The accidental fold versus someone about to flop quads is a very advanced play, one that most players here would do well to learn.

ThaSaltCracka
02-27-2004, 02:48 AM
truely a skill that every player should master

Acesover8s
02-27-2004, 03:12 AM
Its scary reads like this that keep you worlds above us.

Its kind of you to call it an accident, but I've played with you and know it to no accident.

jedi
02-27-2004, 01:09 PM
"reads" are enhanced by the newest pattern map. Most people would have gone all in with those Aces and not consulted the map, but you were disciplined enough to use all your tools.

[ QUOTE ]
Its scary reads like this that keep you worlds above us.

Its kind of you to call it an accident, but I've played with you and know it to no accident.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tosh
02-27-2004, 01:28 PM
Very well played.

unfrgvn
02-27-2004, 03:46 PM
I wish I had read about this advanced play earlier. I foolishly thought that as the big stack at the table I should call the pre flop all in from one of the smaller stacks. He flopped an 8 to go with the two he had in the pocket to crack my aces. I ended up finishing second to him.