PDA

View Full Version : How did I play this top and bottom two pair hand?

Poker Jon
02-26-2004, 06:44 PM
Hey all,

Stars 1 table SNG I am in the BB (T1600), blinds 25/50. Min raise from UTG (T 1800) have no read on him yet, so put him on AA, KK, QQ, AK or AQ.

4 callers of the 100, and I have Q6o in the BB, and decide I'm getting 9:1 for my extra 50 and call. Pot 500.

Flop comes Q 8 6 rainbow.

SB checks, I check (knowing that UTG will bet - I think). UTG bets out T300. 1 caller and it gets to me. I push all in thinking unless he has AK, he's not getting away from this. UTG calls and other caller folds. UTG flips over QQ for trips, and I go out.

Should I have called the min raise in the first place. If so, does anyone get away from this hand?. Even if I bet out say T500 and UTG raises all in, I still call IMO (he could have AA, KK AQ and make the same play IMO).

Any of you play it differently?

Cheers

Jon

Stoneii
02-26-2004, 07:43 PM
U see Jon, the secret is to get to under T300 as fast as possible. That focusses the mind, then wait until 2-3 go all-in, assume they've got big cards and throw it all in with your 89 - easy LOL.

There's no way, with a Q in your hand, 1 on the board that you could read him for QQ. I'd have left the building with you, it was just a disaster hand to run into.

I got 2nd in the end - crazycard won it, player on my right (not sure if it would be etiquette to name names) was a great help to my stack /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G'Luck

stoneii

CrisBrown
02-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Hi Jon,

There were only four hands you had to worry about, Q8 (hugely unlikely), QQ, 88, and 66. I think I'd have made the same move and joined you at the rail.

Cris

Poker Jon
02-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Stone,

The player on your right was so poos it was unbelievable - think you had the luckiest seat in the house that night!!!

Glad to see you guys wouldn't have gotten away from the hand. Interested though if anyone thought my all in over the top of T300 best (still had about T1500) left was too aggressive. I was trying to get the caller out of the hand though.

Cheers Stone and Cris

Jon

Edit: Nice finish though in the tourney, inspired by my railbird call of shove it in with 98o against AJ and KJ. Nice trips!!

Stoneii
02-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks Jon

Yep, I saw your encouragement as my hand was reaching for the call button. There were two others (was there even an interest from 3?) and I just hoped they had shared their high cards.

Turned out nice in the end! Went someway toward my disaster suckout when about to get to some nice money in $33 rebuy.

Appreciated the support too /images/graemlins/cool.gif

stoneii