PDA

View Full Version : Using a poor player to bluff? I raise the turn with an underpair.

ElSapo
02-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Party 2/4, a really loose table. UTG and EP1 are relative unknowns, but the CO is a bad player. Cold calls with just about any two, and will bet if checked to. He's bad. Trust me.

Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is BB

UTG limps, EP1 raises, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls

Flop(8 1/2 SB): T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, UTG calls, EP1 raises, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls

Turn(8 1/4 BB): T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, UTG checks, EP1 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, UTG folds, EP1 folds, CO 3-bets, Hero calls

The top card pairing has got to be scary here for the first two players, though probably not for the CO who has no fear. His bet doesn't mean much. I cosidered betting again or just check-folding, but when I check and the CO bet it seemed like a good time to raise. I wasn't expecting his three-bet, bet, but then realized he was down to 2 BB.

Also, this may not be a bluff. I consider there's a strong chance i have the best hand right now.

River(14 1/4 BB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks...

I check, intending to call. I don't want to get raised, and I'm pretty sure I might be. If he does happen to have that T, I'd rather not pay two bets to see it.

...CO checks

DrSavage
02-26-2004, 05:40 PM
My experience has been that if your opponent is down to 2 BB and you are left heads up with a decent hand it's in your best interest to make sure he puts them in the pot. Therefore I would cap the turn and bet the river.