PDA

View Full Version : moving up limits

jaydoggie
02-26-2004, 06:55 AM
recently i almost went bust just playing mostly for leisure. i had a bad run, mixed with the tilt from that bad run and blew most of it trying to quickly recover. i took the remainder of my bankroll, a mere 37.38 and decided it was time to take the game seriously.

i came and read here how an appropriate sng bankroll should be around 30 buyins. well i had 6, and it was obviously going to have to do. i went on a decent run and am comfortable at 186.38, for 5+.50 sngs.

thirty buyins to 10+1 is obviously my goal. but should it be 330+165, incase i go bust playing at the new level i still have a 30 buyin backup to go back to the game i know i can beat? or do i just build it up to 330 and move on? or even just finish my 200 tourney sample at the lowest level and decide from there?

ive finished 44 games

1st - 13
2nd - 5
3rd - 4
4th - 4
5th - 8
6th - 6
7th - 1
8th - 3
9th - 0
won buyin profit/buyin roi
409.5- 242 = 167.5/242 = .692

also if you suggest moving on when my BR is comfortable, would this also apply to moving to 20 or from 20 to 30, and so on? once i get to the 20/30$ level i'll have a whole new mess of BR questions but this is still applicable now.

thanks!

Namebejed7
02-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I have always used 15 buyins for my tourney bankroll, I typically play party 10's and 30's. I don't know what site you play at, but if its stars you might want to try two table sit and go's, for me its a higher ROI due to 4 places paying out and more entrants. You can typically move up levels whenever you are comfortable if you can reload, but if your bankroll is limited you might want to play it safe. When I feel like I am "unbeatable" at my current level, but have not reached the next BR requirement, I will set a stop loss and move up with the stipulation that I will not pass the set point in my bankroll. Another thing you will find is that at the higher levels your ROI may drop due to better players. You will make a higher earn overall, but a slightly lower %.

On a side note, when I take a couple beats in a row and get on tilt, I go to the lowest limit SNG and play like a maniac to blow off steam. I do this on limit tables to get the most maniac for my money.