PDA

View Full Version : Ironic observation

08-16-2002, 04:14 PM
Playing 15-30 the other night with 3 or 4 regulars that are pretty solid players. 2 new players sit in the game, and the regulars tell me that these guys are pure action and the game just got better. The 2 action players then proceeded to bust out 2 of the regulars with garbage hands, and one of the regulars rips the poor guy to shreds over his stupid play.

The irony is that the players we want in the game, are the more likely to inflict the most pain.

Meanwhile, myself and one other player kept the game nice and loose and patiently waited. We ended up with a good share of their chips, and were able to let them leave happy.

Another irony: Money flows from good players on tilt, to bad players, and back again to other good players. Sometimes there is a backdoor way to beat good players!

08-16-2002, 04:26 PM
this is true. i think the biggest disappointment in steaming off you chips to bad players is knowing that it is likely that somebody else is going to end up with them unless you can get them back from the bad player...

08-17-2002, 01:42 PM

08-18-2002, 12:24 AM
I've been around along time,and I can tell you are rather new to this game,but I have to say that I like the way you think,and you did point out a mistake that this VET.made on his thinking.My guess is we"ll meet sometime.good post..