PDA

View Full Version : Everyone really likes their hands.

JTG51
02-25-2004, 11:59 PM
Online 3/6, the game is generally very loose and passive, but two of the villians in this hand are new to the table. I've never played with them before.

MP and LP are posting blinds this hand.

I'm UTG with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif and raise. MP poster 3-bets and LP poster calls. SB caps it, BB and the rest of us call. Five to the flop with 20 SBs in the pot.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Looks harmless enough. SB bets, BB raises, I 3-bet and MP caps. I told you everyone liked their hands. LP folds and the rest of us call. Four to the turn with 18 BBs in the pot.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks and BB bets. What's my best course of action for the rest of the hand?

balkii
02-26-2004, 12:30 AM
I like folding.

symphonic
02-26-2004, 12:31 AM
I'd probably lay it down even with such a big pot, you are almost certainly behind to a higher pocket pair.

BigEndian
02-26-2004, 01:07 AM
"MP poster 3-bets"

Posters who raise always make me nervous, I would suspect being beaten by an overpair and give a LOT of thought to just mucking it. Don't know if I could bring myself to do it though.

It appears likely that there's either more than one big pair out there, someone hit a set and/or there's a coupld of flush draws at large who are monkeying it up. The best scenario is more than one flush/straight draw, a JJ and a 97 out there. But that just doesn't seem likely.

- Jim

Robk
02-26-2004, 01:25 AM
Raise. I've seen QQ be good with this much action in a party 15 30, much less a 3 6. You can't fold and you have to maximize your chances of winning those (admittedly few) times you are best.

BottlesOf
02-26-2004, 02:15 AM
AAAaaaah! Is Lebronomania back? I like the raise too.

Clarkmeister
02-26-2004, 03:24 AM
Raise. There is no way you can fold for 1 bet in a pot this big, so you go to Plan B which is maximizing your chances of winning it. Raise and reevaluate based on the subsequent action.

KJS
02-26-2004, 03:35 AM
Those who advocate folding just because you maybe be currently behind an overpair or even full house need to look at the size of the pot or explain their reasoning. By my count, its $114 and you need to call $6 at the moment. That's 19:1 odds for a 22:1 shot at one of the two remaining queens. And you will get paid off if you hit.

But what about the prospect of more raising on the turn? MP has raised at every opportunity so far, so it's a very distinct possiblity. BB raised every chance since the flop, so he could reraise too, and MP may cap. If you get trapped in a raising war, you are in for $24 to win $154, which drives your odds down to 6.5:1. Terrible odds for a two outer.

But, assuming MP does have an overpair, will he keep jamming it in the face of the BBs continued aggression? He could be thinking like you--is an overpair good? If its JJ or TT he may not raise. If its AA or KK, dunno. Many would go into call down mode here.

I would want to be very sure that MP is raising before I folded. I may make a promise to call one bet, but fold if its $12 more when it comes back to me. The pot may be too big to fold for one bet right now.

KJS

Joe Tall
02-26-2004, 03:47 AM
Pop it one more time JTG and react from there.

I think this is your 5th hand thread with the same title.

Nice avatar, btw, at least he can hit that percentage shot as we know he's no good from 15.

CU Saturday,
Joe

JTG51
02-26-2004, 04:35 PM
I think this is your 5th hand thread with the same title.

Hmmm... I hadn't noticed. I'll try to be more creative.

Nice avatar, btw, at least he can hit that percentage shot as we know he's no good from 15.

Hey, even superman has a weakness. He was 10-13 from the line on Tuesday, so maybe there's hope.

MaxPower
02-26-2004, 05:07 PM
2 years ago I would have folded, but now I would raise. The pot almost big enough to call if you are drawing. A raise from a tight player like yourself would probably stop them in their tracks unless they have the nuts. If the guy with Aces or Kings will fold some percentage of the time, your raise is worth it. Maximize your chances of winning the pot.

Party 3/6 games are nuts, it would take more than this for me to fold.

JTG51
02-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Folding is clearly out of the question, but I think it's close between calling and raising.

I chose to call because I thought I would be behind far more often than I could get a hand to fold that significantly improves my chances of winning.

MP and SB both called. The river paired the 9. BB bet again, I called and MP called. BB showed the surprising AKo, I showed my Queens and MP mucked.