PDA

View Full Version : getting tournaments refunded at party

mosta
02-25-2004, 11:44 PM
I was in two SNGs on Party when they went down on Monday. In both cases there were 6 players left and I had chips to cover the blinds for a few levels at least. I was refunded my entry plus an equal share of the pot from the four who'd busted out before (standard) on one table but not the other. In both of them some players got back to the table before me and started stealing blinds, etc. In one tournament I woke up with less than a small blind in chips and pocket nines. I went all-in and lost. I didn't get refunded for that one. In the other one I don't remember whether I got back in time to make any actions at the table. I think I did, but I'm not sure. If I didn't--if I just busted out without reconnecting--is that why they refunded it? Is the policy such that when Party loses everyone, if you come back with hardly any chips left you should just disconnect again, not try to play? If some people get back and play out the tournament and some don't get back in time, do they award prize money and no refunds? Anyway, I'm new to SNGs and won't move to a high buy-in without an understanding of the risk from the site going down.