PDA

View Full Version : All in, call or fold?

NotMitch
02-25-2004, 10:03 PM
Stars one table SnG, blinds at 75/150. You have KJo in the SB and 775 before posting the blind. You have only played one hand to the flop to this point and if anyone is paying attention (not all that likely) your image is very tight. 4 limpers to you which makes the pot t825. If you call the BB is not likely to raise. All in, call or fold?

William
02-25-2004, 10:10 PM
My favourites, in decreasing order:

1) Call
2) Fold
3) All-in

cferejohn
02-25-2004, 10:13 PM
I would call. I like fold better than all-in. With that stack, at least one of these players must have a serious chip advantage on you, and will probably call showing something like a small pair. KJ is not the hand you want to lose your tournament on. You should be able to get in with something better if you wait.

CrisBrown
02-25-2004, 10:14 PM
Hiya Mitch,

I would either call or fold. I wouldn't raise, because the only reasonable raise is all-in and I don't think you would like any hand that called you. With six people likely to see the flop, KJo is a tough hand to play out of position. On the other hand, you're getting 11:1 to take a peek. So I'd probably do just that ... take a peek.

Cris

NotMitch
02-25-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks for all the replies. At the time I thought this seemed like a time when people had hands they wanted to see a flop cheaply, so I pushed all in; and got called in 4 places, whoops. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Hope came briefly in the form of a king high flop, but someone in EP had KK. Next game please.

Bozeman
02-26-2004, 02:43 AM
I think allin is usually the right play here.

Kurn, son of Mogh
02-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Well, you got a flop you would've liked had you just called, so I think the result is the same.

NotMitch
02-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Yep, my money was going in on that flop even if I just called preflop. I think Mr KK (who had a stack T70 bigger than mine and limped after a limper) played it poorly too even though it worked out for him.