PDA

View Full Version : I doubted Grannie Mae, and look where it got me...

spamuell
02-25-2004, 05:07 PM
I'm not much of a poster to the Zoo, I usually hang around the various hold'em forums but I read here every once in a while. Anyway, here's what happened:

TGC 1/2 10-handed. Hero is on the button and is dealt Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Two EP limpers, MP1 limps, conditions are looking perfect and Hero decides that he's definitely raising because he wants to play this hand, and he wants to play it right. Then, tight MP2 raises, hero thinks, and decides that after a series of (bad) beatings in previous hands, he can't afford to take this risk against the tight raiser. Hero mucks.

Hero mucks.

The blinds and all the loose EP limpers call. Hero is congratulating himself for not being a fool and mindlessly playing a "trash hand" just because they told him to in the Zoo. Six to the flop for 6BB.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, one of the limpers bets, raiser raises, hero blinks and goes to click the raise button. The raise button is not there. The cards are not there. The action is on the BB. Hero folds - literally, crumples in a heap on the floor and watches the rest of the hand, only pausing to wipe the tears from his eyes, and then again to bang his head on the wall when one of the loose EP limpers drags the 20BB pot with a turned full house (2/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif spiked the 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif). Hero is not feeling so heroic anymore.

I will never doubt the power of Grannie Mae again.

jasonHoldEm
02-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Ouch.

Speaking of granny, anybody seen the ghost recently?

J

Gamblor
02-25-2004, 05:26 PM

William
02-25-2004, 05:28 PM
No /images/graemlins/mad.gif And let's keep it that way /images/graemlins/mad.gif