PDA

View Full Version : Going to Vegas In April need advice on room selection

jonnyv
02-25-2004, 02:40 PM
My wife and I are making are yearly trip to Vegas and I need some advice on where we can both play. I usually play the 6-12 to 10-20 tables but since I want to spend quality time with my wife I would prefer to drop down in limits and play at a table with her. I host a weekly 2-4 hold em game every week and we average a $50-$75 profit combined. She is a very tight player who does not play many hands but when she is in I can tell that when she calls she has a piece of the flop and when she bets watch out!!!! She is your typical mouse but often picks up small pots by representing high card on flop. I want this to be a fun experience and don't want her to lose her confidence. What is the best game in town that we can both play and she will not get run over in. We are staying at Mandalay Bay and have read from other posts that the 4-8 game is very soft. Is it only 1-2 dollar blinds? I also read that the luxor and Excalliber are good for low limits. This will also be her first time playing in a B+M. Any advice to calm her fears? Bankroll is not a problem. I have enough to play 10-20 if I wish.

slamdunkpro
02-25-2004, 03:18 PM
Play the Mandalay Bay 4/8 - She'll tear it up. (My wife did!)

Dynasty
02-25-2004, 07:05 PM
The Monte Carlo has a 2-4 game. On Monday afternoon, there were three games running.

wonderwes
02-28-2004, 04:07 PM
I hated mandalay bay. The room was badass but the half kill structure was quite confusing even though I play kill games all the time. I suggest Mirage.