PDA

View Full Version : Top pair and a draw in a big pot

slogger
02-25-2004, 02:38 PM
OK, OK, I rarely coldcall an UTG raise and just about never w/ AQs. But after that, I'd like to know if anyone thinks I failed to get the maximum number of bets out of this hand.

Party 3/6
Preflop: UTG raises, UTG+1 coldcalls, Hero (A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif) coldcalls from MP, Button 3-bets (sh*t - this is one of the many reasons Hero does not coldcall), blinds fold, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls. Four to the flop for 13.5 SBs.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG checks, UTG1 bets, Hero calls (??), Button raises, UTG folds, UTG1 calls, Hero calls (would anyone raise here?).

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif[Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif] (Sweet!)

UTG1 bets, Hero calls (in hopes that Button will make a final stand and raise - thoughts?)...[remainder of hand in white, below]

<font color="white"> ...Button raises (Nice!), UTG1 calls, Hero reraises, Button calls, UTG1 calls.

River: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif[9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

Check, bet, call, fold and MHIG. </font>

Chris Daddy Cool
02-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Of course your coldcall was a great one. You flopped TPTK with nutflush draw. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

As for the flop. I'm probably raising when it gets to me. But since you didn't and the button raised, I think just calling is fine as you could be up against a set or KK, AA. Also if you did hit your flush on the turn (which you did), you might be able to trap the button with a checkraise if you anticipate him continuing his agression, which is what you did too. So yea, nice hand. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

lil'
02-25-2004, 03:34 PM
What you do pre-flop depends on what type of player UTG is.

You have to raise that flop. It's begging to be raised. Top pair, top kicker with outs to the nut flush is about as good a flop as you can hope for. I actually thought the first time you called you were going for a 3 bet later on the flop, which would have been really cool.

Did the button have K-K?

novamob
02-25-2004, 05:04 PM
I like the just call on the flop, as you may very well have been up against AA or KK or QQ. Once you make your spades on the turn, I think you must raise, as your hand is made and you want to drive them away or make them pay, as a paired board is scary at this point.

pudley4
02-25-2004, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the just call on the flop, as you may very well have been up against AA or KK or QQ. Once you make your spades on the turn, I think you must raise, as your hand is made and you want to drive them away or make them pay, as a paired board is scary at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a favorite over KK. You are a slight underdog to AA. You are only a 4-1 underdog against QQ.

Raise the flop. If you don't raise the flop, 3-bet it after the button raised.