PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a bow out?

LetsRock
02-25-2004, 11:32 AM
10+1 SnG at UB (It seems to be working again.)

6 player left, I'm in 4th pos, not far from 3rd. Don't really remeber the exact stack sizes (not important)

I'm in MP get A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif and raise the size of the pot (2.5BB) and get called from MP2 (3rd pos) all else fold. He's been running pretty good the last orbit.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Works for me. I make pot size bet, MP2 comes over the top and I shove 'em in. He calls.

He has: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (Pretty loose PF call, but like I said he's been running good. I need a diamond.

Turn: 10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[5/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

Bingo! I start celebrating my good fortune and don't even look at the river card. All of a sudden the pot is being shoved to him. I'm very confused. Did I miss something? I have the Ace flush.... why are you giving him my pot?

You all know what the river was since I'm posting the hand....

9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[10/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

Unbelievable. Why does the game insist on delivering my draw and then just absolutely crushing me with 1 outers? Couldn't it just not put any diamonds out and let me lose in dignity?

(Sorry, don't mean to whine - just sharing a little story.... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif)

jaydoggie
02-25-2004, 12:23 PM
i made a post earlier this month
A/images/graemlins/heart.gif8/images/graemlins/heart.gif vs A/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif

A8 flopped the nut flush. and it came runner runner to put a straight flush on the board, splitting the pot.

i was sitting on the bubble hoping for someone to break. unfortunately i think i went out 4th after this miracle happened.

kiemo
02-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Exact same thing happended to me this morning.

I was so happy with 89TJ board not only did I not notice a Q beat me (I had the 7), but I failed to recognize that the board was all the same suit. On my behalf I was allin preflop so it really didnt matter what I noticed.