PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker

bigslick98
02-25-2004, 09:26 AM
I have seen a lot of you use this software. I have two questions for you, 1. Does it really work, and 2. If it works, is it worth purchasing? Thanks in advance.

Warik
02-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Yes and yes.

BUT....

Only if you plan to use it for something other than importing hands. If you don't look them over and see where you need to make adjustments in your play, make notes on players, identify the fish, etc... you're just throwing the money away.

eastbay
02-25-2004, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have seen a lot of you use this software. I have two questions for you, 1. Does it really work, and 2. If it works, is it worth purchasing? Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worth the money for tax reporting purposes alone.

eastbay

Stoneii
02-25-2004, 12:54 PM
How much is it? Sorry, being lazy, have done no research at all. Thanks

stoneii

Prickly Pete
02-25-2004, 12:57 PM
$55.

Stoneii
02-25-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks Prickly - one off payment? - what about upgrades etc etc

Prickly Pete
02-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Yeah, one time charge. Upgrades are free. And if you're going to do it, no time like the present. I got in for $25 less than a year ago and the price has gone up twice since.

Stoneii
02-25-2004, 04:04 PM
yes, I think I will thanks

CrisBrown
02-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Hi bigslick,

I think PokerTracker is well worth the $55 investment, if for no other reason than that it gives you a cold, clinical look at your play. Human memory is heavily colored by our emotional responses, for good and for ill. When it comes to poker, it's usually for ill.

Example: "I wish I never got AA; I always lose with it." I'd gladly take AA on every deal; it is my biggest winner in terms of percentage (95%), and profit (over 7xBB/hand). So much for the "78% rule" (that underdogs win 78% of the time online).

Similarly: "I catch crappy cards." When I look at my PokerTracker stats, my starting hands are almost precisely what you'd expect statistically.

Similarly: "I always get outdrawn." allenciox was kind enough to do the math and show me that my showdown results (55% won) track almost precisely with being a ~2:1 favorite 75% of the time, and a ~1:2 dog the other 25%.

As you strip away the excuses and emotional memories, what is left is the reality of your play. That's presented in uncompromising detail: green numbers where you're winning, red numbers where you're losing. PokerTracker doesn't care about your feelings; only your results. Every player needs that kind of brutally honest feedback.

Denial is the enemy of improvement. PokerTracker is the enemy of denial.

Cris

bigslick98
02-25-2004, 08:52 PM

SlyAK
02-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Is it true that it wont work on prima sites, like TGC??? I thought I remember someone saying that before.

Sly