PDA

View Full Version : Child Support is unconstitutional!!

krazyace5
02-25-2004, 05:53 AM
At least in its present state it is.

krazyace5
02-26-2004, 01:15 AM
One Example-

A man in Michigan did not know he had a daughter til she was 16, (mothers choice) After that he paid monthly support.

Now he is being sued for back support in the amount of at least $100,000 or more, payable in a lump sum. This has been upheld twice and is being appealed.

I am not sure but I think it is the daughter suing. Why is she entitled to this money? She did not spend any money to raise her, if it is the mother suing she gave up her rights to this money by hiding this from the father.

If the daughter wants to sue anyone it should be her mother for robbing her of her father, and the father should also be able to sue the mother.

If this is upheld plenty of men and their families may find themselves with ruined lives and in financial ruin. Women can keep the father in the dark because they do not want them around then in 18-19 yrs rob him blind legally. Not that most forms of child support are not legal robbery anyhow.

So anyone have any opinions on this case?

George Rice
02-26-2004, 08:24 PM
It's absurd. But I remember a worse one.

A man discovered that a child he thought was his was not. His wife had been fooling around behind his back and he discovered this and DNA tests proved the child wasn't his. When he divorced his wife she sued for child support and won! This poor bastard has to pay child support on someone else's child until she's grown. The mother either refused to identify the father or claimed she didn't know/remember who he was.

elwoodblues
02-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Which part of the constitution does this violate?

krazyace5
02-28-2004, 01:38 AM
I was just trying to stir the pot with that headline, but I do think it is highly one sided and unfair.

You take a guys pretax money take a percentage of it(upto 50%), the guy then has to pay taxes on it, the woman gets it tax free. If the guy has custody the woman rarely has to pay. The woman also claims the child as a deductible when most of the time the guy is paying most of the money towards the childs care.

So the guy works overtime to try to make ends meet for his family, but wait they take that to. He gets a better job, there goes that income also. So while the guys means of living stays the same whether he works overtime or gets a better paying job, the womans goes up. Now if the guy quits and gets a lower wage job, I would say in most instances his means of living would stay the same also, it would be the womans that would go down.

Also the court will waste no time throwing a man in jail for not paying support, but will do nothing to the woman for the same or for not letting the guy have access to his child/ren. Guy breaks court order goes to jail, woman breaks court order-who cares.