PDA

View Full Version : another KK very early EP

jaydoggie
02-25-2004, 12:21 AM
$5 'stars sng. KK UTG, maybe 5th hand in. blinds 10/20 most people have most their chips.

I bring it up to 100.
UTG+1 miniraises to 180.
BB calls both raises.

pot is at 470.
i raise 480 to 660.
both call. pot 1990
flop comes jack high, BB checks. I push (840), both fold.

did i play any street particularly bad? was my original bet too big or too small? was my reraise too big or to small? thanks for any advice.

La Brujita
02-25-2004, 01:09 AM
I don't play one tablers at Stars but here are my thoughts:

1. raise to 100 is pretty good, at Party I am sometimes tempted to raise more because people will call small raises with anything.

2. When it came back to you I would have pushed all in. As I see it a raise of 480 is 35% of your stack (and is on the bubble for going all in), but everytime I face a decision like you have here I literally ask myself "LB, are you happy to take what is in the pot or do you want a call". If the answer is not crystal clear that I want a call, I make a huge raise. I don't want a call here because you are vulnerable to an A on the flop. I don't know if that reasoning makes sense to others.

Edit to say I am also confusing myself a bit here, can someone confirm what a pot sized raise would have been here: I calculate it to be a reraise of 550 (10+180 +180+180) making it 730 to go.