PDA

View Full Version : User List

uuDevil
02-25-2004, 12:09 AM
I guess it went away because of yet another form of abuse? Too bad-- it was useful for checking up on what the big guns have to say. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lori
02-25-2004, 12:18 AM
Deleted by sensible request

It is a real shame it has had to come to this, but I'm glad it has been done.

At the very least now, the spammers will have to actually read the forum to find their targets.

Lori

rusty JEDI
02-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Lori

You're giving the spammers ammo, half of them probably didnt know about this and now do. Delete, Delete.

rJ

Simon Diamond
02-25-2004, 12:39 AM
I don't think it was purely because of spammers abusing the list for PM purposes. There were some people signing up as '!!!' etc, to appear at the top of the list and their only purpose for doing so was to list a website url. A very cute way of getting some free advertising, but totally reprehensible of course.

All these priviliges we are losing reminds me of my time at school. Everybody suffered because of the idiotic minority who cannot abide by the rules.

Simon

namknils
02-25-2004, 12:51 AM
I was just about to post about this too. I was wondering why it was taken away. I guess the spammers probably abused it, but when I signed up I didn't get a single PM with spamming. I guess I'm just lucky. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

jasonHoldEm
02-25-2004, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm just lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either that or they saw your avatar and thought better. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif