PDA

View Full Version : KK very early

triplc
02-24-2004, 10:42 PM
Fifth hand of a 10+1 SnG at UB (5/10 blinds). I get KK in the BB. UTG limps, MP2 raises to 45, SB reraises to 80. I decide to reraise to 115. Early limper calls, MP2 folds, SB calls. Three to see the flop. Flop comes J35 rainbow. SB bets the pot (390). What's your play? Results later...

CCC

NotMitch
02-24-2004, 11:42 PM
I reraise all in and ask myself what I was trying to do with the min raise preflop.

triplc
02-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Good question on the min raise preflop. This was super early, and I had no read on anyone. But with limp, raise, reraise, I guess I just wanted to float a second raise and see if someone popped me back. I just hate pushing all-in preflop this early even with KK. It just smelled like aces to me...guess I should have folded then...

Very good point, !Mitch.

CCC

NotMitch
02-25-2004, 12:03 AM
I wouldn't say push in preflop (because you might only get called by aces) but with 150 in the pot when it gets to you I would make at least a pot sized raise. if it gets reraised all in you have a choice to make but given the range of hands people will push here I think folding is probably a mistake. If you get called I would push on the flop if no ace or king comes.

triplc
02-25-2004, 12:15 AM
I did reraise all in and he called me with...get this...AKo. He had nothing and called me anyway. Took the pot down and grabbed the early lead...finished on the bubble, though. Oh well.

CCC