PDA

View Full Version : Worst bad beat of my short career so far

Tsushima
02-24-2004, 06:28 PM
With A3s on the button at 5/10 Party I flopped A33. The person on the SB had AQo. Unfortunately there was a Q on the turn and another Q on the river. Expensive!

Not to mention the more regular problem of AKs in the hole, AK on the flop, made two pair. Despite my aggressive raising someone stayed in with a pair of 5s and hit the third 5 on the river /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its been one of those nights...

My win rate has now dropped from 12BB/100 to something a little more realistic /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tsushima

Inthacup
02-24-2004, 06:50 PM
My win rate has now dropped from 12BB/100 to something a little more realistic

*GASP!* /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Cup

thirddan
02-24-2004, 07:22 PM
get used to this stuff...its how we make our money /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gamblor
02-24-2004, 07:58 PM
so I'll let you off the hook this time

Bad beat stories suck. They are a dime a dozen, and 99% of the people here have suffered much worse ones.

That being said, tough beat. They happen, and they're much worse when they happen to you.

Keep studying and working and playing and you'll still get the money.

Good day!

Webster
02-24-2004, 09:43 PM
Yup sorry - there is always a better one - I had KK a guy was calling me names and we capped the preflop'

flop was K22
capped it again
turn rag - cap
river 2 cap
what did he have?

he continued to call me an idiot!

I'm sorry to hear about your loss BUT - get used to it and get used to it coming in bunchs at times.

BTW - I'm having one of those times LOL!

BreakEvenPlayer
02-24-2004, 09:45 PM
If that beat makes you mad you might want to step down a few levels.

Jackal22
02-24-2004, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yup sorry - there is always a better one - I had KK a guy was calling me names and we capped the preflop'

flop was K22
capped it again
turn rag - cap
river 2 cap
what did he have?

he continued to call me an idiot!

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, you seem to have a few too many cards in the deck.

fluff
02-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Dude, you were crushed by a 5 of a kind!

Alobar
02-25-2004, 01:13 AM
that bad beat is nothing.

Today in a 3/6 party game, I watched the the pre flop get capped, the flop of A x x get capped, the turn was a 2 and it got capped, the river was another 2 and it got capped.
UTG shows down pocket AA for the aces full....guy in CO had 22 for the quads. 980(ish)-1 for the runner runner quads. Thats a bad beat. I got real enjoyment out of it tho, cuz the ahole with the aces full cracked my set of kings the hand right before when he stayed in with 97o and got the runner runner straight.

I was once dealt KK at the same time that two people had AA, thats not really a bad beat, just more like proof that I'm cosmically screwed.

Thythe
02-25-2004, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that bad beat is nothing.

Today in a 3/6 party game, I watched the the pre flop get capped, the flop of A x x get capped, the turn was a 2 and it got capped, the river was another 2 and it got capped.
UTG shows down pocket AA for the aces full....guy in CO had 22 for the quads. 980(ish)-1 for the runner runner quads. Thats a bad beat. I got real enjoyment out of it tho, cuz the ahole with the aces full cracked my set of kings the hand right before when he stayed in with 97o and got the runner runner straight.

I was once dealt KK at the same time that two people had AA, thats not really a bad beat, just more like proof that I'm cosmically screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is nothing compared to the 5 of a kind from above

Cubswin
02-25-2004, 02:53 AM
I once had my 5 of a kind beat by a royal sampler /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Webster
02-25-2004, 08:04 AM
YUP - 5 of a kind - THAT is a bad beat LOL worse then losing with suited Aces!!!

I had KKK
He had 222
he got the 2 on the river!

Tsushima
02-25-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If that beat makes you mad you might want to step down a few levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

It didn't make me mad, just thought it was particularly funny. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tsushima

X-Calibre
02-25-2004, 06:22 PM
I got one for ya. Playing in a home game for the first time. It's seven card stud but there are like 9 players or something. I didn't recognize the significance of this as up this point in the play it didnt seem to matter, i hadnt even got past 4th street in a hand yet and i never really play seven card anyway. One hand, it's down to 3 of us by the last card and i know my hand can only lose if the the last card for my opponent is a queen, but i know that two previous queens were dealt out to earlier players, so i think my hand is rock solid. Betting goes through the roof, and my opponent turns over a queen to beat me. I go nuts!! how can there be 5 queens? then i'm informed that they ran out of cards and reshuffled the muck into the deck.

Imagine losing to the case, case queen.