PDA

View Full Version : Refund problems at Party

John Deere
02-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Just called to find out why I hadn't been refunded for a 1-table tourney I was in when the system went down yesterday. I spoke with a rude woman named Bushna who said I had lost in the tournament prior to the system outage, talked down to me, called me a liar, and said that I probably can't control my emotions when playing in tournaments.

Just sent a nice e-mail to them explaining the situation. As I told Bushna, I want to see proof (via a hand history) that I was knocked out before the system went down. Bushna was able to provide me neither the time of the outage nor the time I was knocked out of the tourney. (What happened, in my opinion, was that I was blinded off before the tourneys were cancelled.)

Based on research here, it appears that the outage occurred prior to 3 p.m. yesterday afternoon. Anyone know a way I can check my hand history farther back than 100 hands? (I played some ring games last night.) Anyone else have a problem getting refunded?

NoChance
02-24-2004, 05:29 PM
The email is a good start. Don't stop bothering them. This has happened to me and also many others. This is just their typical first response. In almost all cases, those of us that kept nagging them got our problems resolved properly. I other cases where they simply can't find a solution, they often give you a token bonus to work off.

Do keep in mind that this could take some time. As much as their support sucks, they have to be extrememly busy right now.

John Deere
02-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I mean, I'm not going to waste too much time complaining about $11, but at the same time, they should realize that I generate more rake than that in any given night (or hour).

I was very friendly in the e-mail... I'm not going to blame them (yet) for Bushna's idiocy. (After she started talking down to me, believe me -- I went off.)

Homer
02-24-2004, 05:45 PM
Keep e-mailing them until they give you YOUR money back. They will eventually, but it may take a while. Also, be sure to mention that this Bushna person should be fired.

-- Homer

John Deere
02-24-2004, 05:47 PM
I did mention Bushna by name in the e-mail. She claimed to be a supervisor when I first called. At the end of the conversaton, when I had given up on her and asked for her name, there was silence and I had to ask 3 or 4 times before she gave it to me.

Does Party outsource their call center to India?

DarkKnight
02-24-2004, 05:51 PM
I was having similar problems today getting a refund for two tournaments. Emails were going unanswered. I finally broke down a called and got the refunds no problem.

BTW I think the crash was at about 4:05 Eastern Time yesterday.

DK

MS Sunshine
02-24-2004, 07:04 PM
"Does Party outsource their call center to India?"

Yes, they do. The problem is not from it being India, but it being non-poker people. Party has many good support people, but they need a thousand of them.

I was a poker floor supervisor for a long time. It takes a while to balence what a player makes the company each year vs what the complaint is today.

MS Sunshine

John Deere
02-24-2004, 11:15 PM
I totally hear what you're saying. I tried to be very nice to this lady, but I have zero tolerance when I get insulted for no reason by someone whose salary I am paying. I do agree that the problem is that they don't know the particulars of the game -- there was no point in me trying to explain that I was blinded off after being kicked out of the system but before the tournaments were actually cancelled.

I would have also been satisfied if she would have just written down my complaint and found someone who _did_ understand what I was saying and have the information necessary to process it. They could have also figured out if the revenue I generate is worth refunding me $11. (Clearly, it is.)

Being insulted, though, is just unacceptable.