PDA

View Full Version : Back from a long break and need a checkup on my play(3 easy hands)

Eihli
02-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Hand 1:
Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Hero has A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is BB

EP2 limps, MP3 limps, Button folds, SB folds, Hero raises, EP2 calls, MP3 calls

Hand 2:
Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
Hero has 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP2

Hero raises, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls

Flop(6 1/3 SB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, BB folds

Turn(4 1/6 BB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, MP3 folds

Hand 3:
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is UTG

Hero limps, MP2 limps, MP3 raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds

Flop(6 1/2 SB): 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero raises, MP3 3-bets, Hero calls

Turn(6 1/4 BB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls

River(8 1/4 BB): Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, MP3 checks

Flop(6 1/3 SB): 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, EP2 folds, MP3 folds

There was one other hand that went something like this
I get AQo and raise an MP limper, bb and mp call. I open bet the flop unimproved, bb calls mp folds. I bet the rest of the way unimproved.

J.R.
02-24-2004, 06:56 PM
All good excpet Hand 3, IMO.

Hand 1 is not a normal raise but if you had an expectation that they would lay down on the flop quite often this seems fine.

In Hand 3 you are obviously hoping to be up against overcards so I will often bet the turn to prevent the free card. I really don't like that flop call/turn check unless this opponent will rarely take the free card and can raise unimproved overcrads. I think you are getting 11-1 on the flop call of the 3-bet so folding is not wrong if you think you are beat, but don't call (which indicates there is a good chance you think you are ahead) and then offer the free card to most opponents.

Some will call down with any pair, so the AQ hand is dependent on your opponent and the texture of the board (reasonable draws?) but in general there is nothing wrong with betting a good ace all the way heads up in the right spots.