PDA

View Full Version : PRIMA POKER~~~IS IT WORTH IT?

RollaJ
02-24-2004, 04:32 PM
I was thinking of getting some money on a Prima site to play their 6 max NL games. Is it worth it, which Prima site is suggested, I have never played at one. I do not really want to fax them my birth certificate to cash out.....

Inthacup
02-24-2004, 04:48 PM
The Gaming Club is the best Prima site, no doubt. I can't really speak for the NL games as I don't play in them.

I don't think The Gaming Club requires proof of ID for cashouts.

Cup

UncleDuke
02-24-2004, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking of getting some money on a Prima site to play their 6 max NL games. Is it worth it, which Prima site is suggested, I have never played at one. I do not really want to fax them my birth certificate to cash out.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the Prima NL games good, although I haven't tried the shorthanded ones. The 3k freeroll every night for people who played 50+ raked hands is a nice perk too. I play on the Gaming Club. They don't require anything abnormal for cashouts, and their rep who posts here is pretty responsive from what I've seen.

Hope this helps.

-UD

RollaJ
02-25-2004, 12:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 3k freeroll every night for people who played 50+ raked hands is a nice perk too

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you shltting me? $3,000 freeroll evry night?

TheGrifter
02-25-2004, 12:07 PM
The caveat is that it starts at 1am.

Elizabeth-Anne
02-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Prima's got some good shorthanded games.

They got alot of gambler-type fish who play cause they love the high-stakes action.

I seen this guy eugeneel who regularly kicks ass and wins over $300 per hour playing 25-50 and sometimes 50-100.

fluff
02-25-2004, 12:22 PM
The other caveat is that Prima counts a "raked" hand as one where you actually put money in the pot.

But on the other hand, last time I was there, those tournaments usually had less than 700 people playing with 240 spots being paid, so even if it was at 1 am, you can register and just go to sleep, and pretty much are guaranteed $4,- for finishing in the top 240.

_And1_
02-25-2004, 01:11 PM
fluff, shhhh, dont tell, even thou its been said before but the less ppl that enter the better /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Gaming Club
02-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Our door is open RollaJ. You're most welcome to try us out. Please let us know what you think afterwards though, and especially if you have any trouble or have feedback where improvements can be made (or some positives too /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

There's a post we made last year giving the revised cashout requirements which can be viewed at this link. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=373784&fpart=& PHPSESSID=. ) You shouldn't run into any trouble if you have a cash-in (provided none of the documentation threshold requirements are reached) and on top of that, they're very quick, especially to Neteller.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words Cup /images/graemlins/cool.gif

runninonmt
02-25-2004, 01:29 PM
I've had nothing but headaches with Prima Poker sites. Maybe I've just picked bad skins to play at, but I'm done trying. I tried Golden Riviera first, and cashed out from them twice. The first withdrawal took THREE WEEKS to process and the second took over a week. I then tried to pick up a bonus at Captain Cook's Poker and they took 10 days. I've still got some money there, but the minimum cashout is $75 so I think I have to wait another $10 or so before I can even ATTEMPT to cash out. Also frustrating, I sent them a copies of a hospital bill and my driver's license.....which they LOST. As if all that wasn't bad enough, their software sucks too.

IMO, there are too many other sites out there to wrestle with the headaches I've had at Prima sites.

JustPlayingSmart
02-25-2004, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sent them a copies of a hospital bill

[/ QUOTE ]

What other poker sites pay hospital bills? Do any sites pay college tuition? I knocked up my girlfriend, who is just starting at Harvard, and a poker site that could alleviate some of these expenses would be very helpful.

_And1_
02-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Question is why you even bothered to go to some of the sites you mentioned when you should know that there are a few good ones. Why o why try the others out if some of the sites are verified to be decent-good by many of the 2+2ers on here... A few bonus dollars here and there is not worth that kind of trouble, if you think it is then you get what you are paid for...

AAmaz0n
02-25-2004, 04:32 PM
I have to give props where it is due. Other than the lag problems that everyone has mentioned, my experience with TGC has been good.

I tried my first cash-out yesterday after putting in a small amount from Neteller a few days ago, and was hoping to see the money show up in day or two. It came in a few hours.

Customer support has been fairly responsive, other than some mix up with the valentine bonus. Overall I've been fairly pleased with everything except the lag problems.

Shauna

Gaming Club
02-27-2004, 04:37 AM
Thank you Shauna, we really appreciate your feedback. Please keep lag comments coming though, it's the only external way we're able to measure success of our efforts to reduce the lag.

We've had some very nice comments recently where players have noticed an improvement, so we're on the right track judging by the feedback. There's still more to be done though, and we're confident that soon the lag monster will be just a memory. So please let us know if you see any changes or not.

propran
02-29-2004, 12:26 PM
Be very carefull of the gamingclub with your chat they turned mine off months ago. i sent them a email to show me where i said something i should not have and guess what???? They couldn't they went off of what the real trouble maker that called thems word... I would love your response to this gamingclub guy..

alekhine8
02-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Ill give them credit - never had problems with cashouts or anything. The biggest problem was the lag. It was unexcusable during the WSOP satellites. If they fix that I will probably make a deposit there in the future.

And the NL games are definitely worth it - pretty soft.

propran
02-29-2004, 01:23 PM
the gaming club