PDA

View Full Version : Who doesn't have a straight?

ElSapo
02-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
Hero has 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is UTG

Game is loose. Loose loose loose. Except for those hands where everyone folds. But this isn't one of them.

Hero limps, EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP1 limps, MP2 raises, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP1 calls

Flop(18 1/2 SB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, Hero calls, EP1 calls, EP2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls

I called here, looking to three-bet when the PF raise raised. That didn't happen.

Turn(13 1/4 BB): 5/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, Hero raises, EP1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls

So now that there's a good chance I've fallen behind, I raise? I hate this. While there's no gaurantee I'm behind, there's a good chance of it.

River(21 1/4 BB): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO raises, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls

Now everyone has the frickin' straight. I call. I call the second bet b/c some players will try to limit the field even more on boards like this, but given the flush possibilitites... But I don't feel like I can fold it.

Haupt_234
02-24-2004, 03:32 PM
I doubt the PF raiser would re-raise the flop in this situation after junk cards fall and there were so many limpers after him.

I guess you were gambling he had a pocket pair. I won't knock you for that, but I would have re-raised immediately due to the size of the pot.

Attack those big pots early, because the flop had way too many draws in it and looking at the type of play the table was making, you would have gotten several cold calls anyway.
Tough hand.

Haupt_234

ElSapo
02-24-2004, 08:00 PM
...though maybe it's more straightforward than I thought.

J.R.
02-24-2004, 08:05 PM
BB