PDA

View Full Version : Why I love playing.

kiemo
02-24-2004, 02:22 PM
Simple $2 SNG at TGC.

I am kinda sad in that I just finished a tourny where I lost most of my chips with AA to a guy who called all my raises with A8 and hit his trips on the river. But I know I can do better, so I play another.

I get the early chip lead on the first hand of the tournament with a gutsy all in bet with AJ in my hand, 2 Aces on the board and one caller with A6. So I got some confidence.

Another player in the tournament had gone all in preflop twice on prayers and won both of them, so I had made a comment "Ok dont call player X preflops allin" as a light joke.

Three hands later (7 players left on table) I am in UTG with the chip lead at about 2200 and dealt KK, so I raise. Two callers to player X who is MP2, and he goes all in for about 1000. The button calls the all in with an all in himself and his stack is just a chip or two shorther then my own. And the action is on me?

I have to call. I have a monster hand and a chance to knock out two players, plus take a commanding chip lead which will all but gurantee me a money place. So I call, the other 4 players are left to watch the spectacle of the three way showdown.

The button flips AKs and the flop comes AAx.

What did MP2 have? I dont know, my eyes never left the buttons flopped trips.

Then I laughed. I love playing poker.