PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker BITES

bpmyrx7
02-24-2004, 02:19 PM
Can these guys screw up their system anymore??? Tournament availability down an entire day!!! What gives???? These IT guys that work for this place must be a bunch of losers. Well, it is off to pokerstars, I have had enough of their crashes

Lori
02-24-2004, 02:33 PM
Can these guys screw up their system anymore???

This challenge has been issued, and met, several times over the last six months.

Lori

astroglide
02-24-2004, 02:37 PM
i believe they have been subject to DoS attacks much more than they have crashed

MattHatter
02-24-2004, 02:42 PM
Between the DDoS attack that are rumored.. and the fact that no other site has had to endure growth at even close to the scale and rate at which Party has grown It's hard to blame them tooo much.

Now customer support on the other hand.. ladies and gentlemen.. let your service rant begin. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

On the other hand at this point they should anticipate growth and be ready.. There server should be ready to handle double the load they currently have ALREADY. So in this aspect.. you CAN blame them. They can see the growth coming.

Matt

josie_wales
02-24-2004, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can these guys screw up their system anymore???

This challenge has been issued, and met, several times over the last six months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very Amusing! And true /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Funny stuff,

JW

gigahurts
02-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Not the friendliest of customer support on the phone there at Party... Called them twice the night they were down..

at 11pm, "it should be back up within a half hour", and thats the last thing he says, i respond, wait, and hang up

at 1230am, "try back in 3 or 4 hours"... i respond "3 or 4 hours? wow this is costing you guys a fortune".. no response... i hang up.

holycowholycow
02-25-2004, 03:25 AM
i agree. the customer service is awful. i requested a trans. history and was told that it would be sent in five minutes. after not getting the info, i called and i was told that it would be sent in fifteen minutes. after still not getting the info, i was told four to five hours. the players stink on here, so, it is profitable if you play a good game, but the service is bad.