PDA

View Full Version : Has someone put together a best of elysium's posts?

Philuva
02-24-2004, 11:42 AM
I would love to read some of his best works.

Bob T.
02-24-2004, 12:07 PM
It would probably be a fairly short compilation.

bugstud
02-24-2004, 12:42 PM
He's been on a roll in mid/high stakes, go look at bad beetz's thread from a couple of days ago about taking it too far I believe for a masterpiece.

Philuva
02-24-2004, 12:44 PM
No way. The problem is he has so many posts, it is hard to get to the best. This recent one is one my favorites and I am sure there are many others out there that I have missed.

elysium and the bike. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=541602&page=0&view=ex panded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=)

Ulysses
02-24-2004, 02:16 PM
A lot of people here are misguided and do not grasp the underlying brilliance that is elysium.

XlgJoe
02-24-2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the reference. I just read that post and it was hilarious. It brought tears to my eyes and that doesn’t look good at the office.

Philuva
02-24-2004, 02:35 PM

Your Mom
02-24-2004, 03:18 PM
agreed Ulysess. Elysium is outstanding. I missed him when he was gone for a while. Even when he doesn't tell you anything, he is telling you something.

Zeno
02-24-2004, 03:32 PM
I dislike mucking through his swamp. I pointedly jabbed at this twice and then gave up. I find him too ponderous and verbose in style and gave up on reading his posts. Perhaps this was an error.

-Zeno

Lori
02-24-2004, 04:10 PM
I find him too ponderous and verbose in style and gave up on reading his posts. Perhaps this was an error.

I insulted him, then to check I was correct, I went and read three of his high stakes posts all the way through.

I sent him a PM to apologise about 2 seconds after reading the third one.

I find his style difficult to read, but well worth it.

Lori

skunkworks
02-24-2004, 04:16 PM
I remember reading a post about someone playing 20-40 at the Horseshoe with him and describing him as a bearded Robin Williams. Now, whenever I read one of his posts, I have this mental image of Robin Williams hopped up on coke explaining why it's better to smooth-call the turn raise instead of 3-betting.

I think the first time I read one of his posts, I was utterly confused by his "rambling." Then when I actually bothered to slow down and dissect what he was trying to say, I realized that this guy put some really deep, almost brilliant thought into playing poker.

It's hard sometimes to keep up with Robin Williams speed-narrating a poker lesson, but I really like his posts over in the Mid/High-Stakes forum.

Vehn
02-24-2004, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I remember reading a post about someone playing 20-40 at the Horseshoe with him and describing him as a bearded Robin Williams. Now, whenever I read one of his posts, I have this mental image of Robin Williams hopped up on coke explaining why it's better to smooth-call the turn raise instead of 3-betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nonono. This (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mediumholdem&Number=533361 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=83&Match=Username&Searchpa ge=2&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=532245&Search=true #Post533361) post explains it all.

Bob T.
02-24-2004, 05:54 PM
Ok, so one of my best friends grew up in Oklahoma, and one of his buddies from home was visiting.

We arrived at the golf course, and as we went up to the first tee, a woman and a young kid were teeing off. The kid set up at the back tees, and hit the ball down the middle about 250, and then the woman teed her ball up also on the back tees.

The Oklahoman, went into a loud rant about how 'he wasn't going to play behind, (insert foulmouthed description of a woman that would certainly get edited) who was so stupid as to play from the back tees...... etc, etc, etc'. Anyway you can imagine what he might have said.

While this is going on, the woman steps up, and hits her ball past the young kids', and in mid rant, the Oklahoman says '... I stand corrected.'

Ok, I read the post that you referenced, and I stand corrected.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Ulysses
02-24-2004, 06:05 PM
elysium balances his brilliant posts with others that appear to be just rambling nonsense and some containing strategy advice that is completely and utterly incorrect. I like to think that's all part of some grand plan.

shemp
02-24-2004, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people here are misguided and do not grasp the underlying brilliance that is elysium.

[/ QUOTE ]

And even more people are underlying and do not grasp the misguided brilliance that is elysium.

ThaSaltCracka
02-24-2004, 08:50 PM
dude, I have no idea who he is, but after reading the two you guys linked, I want to read everything, this guy is fricken hilarous. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

baggins
02-25-2004, 03:27 AM
Whether I get any poker wisdom from this guy's posts is for me to decide and think about.

however, at least the guy writes well, and has something to say. I want to read all of his posts now.

he kinda reminds me of Sredni Vashtar - If Sredni was Eastern Thought and Elysium was Western Thought.

theBruiser500
02-25-2004, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude, I have no idea who he is, but after reading the two you guys linked, I want to read everything, this guy is fricken hilarous.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I want to read all of his posts now.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading my first Elsium post, I too suddenly have an urge to read all of his posts.

danny

glen
02-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Someone should find that post where he is in the middle of babbling about a hand, then he says something like, "Okay Andy, I'm going to get my coffee now. No, Andy, I don't use cream and sugar, I drink it black. Be right back. . . . Ok Andy, well, you were half right, I used some cream, but anyways. . . "

That was was real good.

mikelow
02-25-2004, 10:27 PM

Lori
02-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Elysium takes a coffee break (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mediumholdem&Number=512406 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=coffee%20sugar&Match=And&S earchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year&Main=512244&Search= true#Post512406)

Lori

glen
02-26-2004, 02:05 AM
Thanks Lori. Somehow the first time I read it, I missed the last paragraph, which is also good.

p.s. I also think the one about the wine, with the maniac, and the fact that '99 was a good year is worth posting in this section too. If you found the coffee one, this one should be a piece of cake. . .

Lori
02-26-2004, 04:25 PM
A good year for maniacs (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=mediumholdem&Number=500611 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=wine%20good%20year&Match=A nd&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1month&Main=500447&Se arch=true#Post500611)

and one of my favorites.

Boxing clever with Ace Ten (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=539695&page=0&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

Lori