PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods MiniTripReport

mosch
02-24-2004, 02:52 AM
Due to a personal emergency, I found myself in Connecticut, with time to kill. As such, I decided to fill that time playing cards at Foxwoods.

Day one: uneventful 10/20 table starring the world's angriest man. Whenever his cards were snapped he'd curse, and whine, and talk about how stupid the other person was. He did this even if the other person had played brilliantly. No notable hands really, just eeked out an $82 profit in about four hours.

Day two: I showed up with two friends of mine who live in Connecticut at around 4pm. We were greatly relieved to see that there was action on the poker room, on a Monday afternoon... wow, foxwoods never sleeps! I got on a 10/20 populated with coaches, got a table change to one that had better players, but was far more enjoyable over all. Plenty of soft spots at first, though they actually dried up. It was odd being in a 10/20 game where player flaws were all relatively minor.

The hand of the night actually came as I was about to leave. I went over to the 4/8 table my friend was playing in, a table which featured three 2+2ers (Deez Nuts, Bear, and I Forget). On his last hand, he asked me if he should straddle. I asked if he was down for the night, he said yes, and I replied with the worst possible advice: 'absolutely! You can't get even if you don't raise this hand up!' (note: this is NOT true! normally this will not pan out. do not attempt at home.)

Summary of the hand: my friend had 6-9, the board was 9889x, and he netted a rack of yellow chips and about a half hour of laughter at our retardation.

Good games, and my apologies to the 2+2ers in the 4/8 who were hit by my incredibly stupid straddle advice.

(one interesting game was spread tonight, that I didn't play in... a 5/10 HOE. I was tempted, but at the time my 10/20 was still in ultra-loose-passive mode)

daryn
02-24-2004, 02:11 PM
5/10 HOE? amazing, only HOE games i've seen at foxwoods are all 50/100 and up. i would enjoy playing it i think, the lower limit version of course... anyone else know of these games and if they're being spread?

mosch
02-24-2004, 02:29 PM
I was surprised when I heard it too, but the game went. Oddly, it looked like the 50-100 HOE game didn't go yesterday, but the 5-10 one did. When I heard that one, I was tempted to try to start a list for 5-10 or 10-20 pineapple /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CrackerZack
02-24-2004, 02:48 PM
At the first gathering, we put up 5 or 6 names for a 4-8 HOSE game and another random name joined in, but the game didn't go. No table likely. Too bad, would've been fun. During the week you can probably get some funky stuff spread if they have a table and you have the players. I think next time I'm down at the Borgata I'll see how many people I can get to play something weird there. Seems like they have crowds that enjoy odd games.

Arsene Lupin III
02-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Just an FYI. The dinner for two (6/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif) was suited. As soon as I saw it, I had a feeling. I was almost tempted to cap it after a midposition pre-flop raise, simply to make it ever the more ridiculous should a should a showdown occur.

Wakko
02-25-2004, 04:39 AM
I think the guy at the other end of the table showed down pocket Ks, too... scary.

The Bear
02-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Hey mosch/Arsene,

That last hand was pretty damn funny. Did some guy at the end of the table really have KK? That's fantastic. I'm glad I was bright enough to pay off all the way down w/ my eight. Brilliant.

Anyway, it was nice to finally meet some 2+2'ers. Hopefully I can continue the trend w/ my two-week Vegas vacation in late March. Oh, and the other player at the table was The Ram. He and Deez are more lurkers than posters.