PDA

View Full Version : Party is too big(?)

Beach-Whale
02-24-2004, 01:00 AM
Now, I haven't played at Party (or any of its skins) in a while. Now I got this free money, so I go there to play a little. What do I find? About 31,500 players and 4,400 tables. OK, about two thirds of these are play money, but anyhow - about 1,300 real money tables, do we really need that many to choose from? Does it make anything better from our sharky point of view? Wouldn't all those players benefit the online poker economy better if they were spread out on several large (think Paradise type size), competing cardrooms, instead of concentrated at one gigantuous (that's what I would like to call Party et al) cardroom?

I'm not saying that we can do anything about it, just feeling that Party is TOO big. Also I feel that for a cardroom of that gigantuous size, Party has a lousy choice of games. There should be plenty of room for 5 card draw, 5 card stud, pineapple, and other games. Maybe they are working on it.

Anyone else feel the way I feel?

BigEndian
02-24-2004, 01:05 AM
I would feel better if Party simply stopped doing free games (or capped them) and added mega-micro games.

I don't think there's such thing as too big. If their software was being crushed by the weight of all their users, no one would really notice. Abou time for them to re-invest in version 2.

- Jim

scotnt73
02-24-2004, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would feel better if Party simply stopped doing free games (or capped them) and added mega-micro games.

I don't think there's such thing as too big. If their software was being crushed by the weight of all their users, no one would really notice. Abou time for them to re-invest in version 2.

- Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. the free money games are what draw the fish. after they have made 20k play dollars in a week they think they are rounders and hit the tables cash in hand.

sammiK7os
02-24-2004, 11:19 AM
I also disagree, I like the fact that the lowest limit on Party is 0.5/1 as it forces the fish to play at this level rather than .02/.04 etc. These games are hardly worth the time of a serious poker player. IMO this is one of the factors that makes Poker Stars players at the 0.5/1 level so tight and more difficult to beat, as they have probably played the lower levels and beaten them by the time they get up to the .5/1 level.

Norm
02-24-2004, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also disagree, I like the fact that the lowest limit on Party is 0.5/1 as it forces the fish to play at this level rather than .02/.04 etc. These games are hardly worth the time of a serious poker player. IMO this is one of the factors that makes Poker Stars players at the 0.5/1 level so tight and more difficult to beat, as they have probably played the lower levels and beaten them by the time they get up to the .5/1 level.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Yes to free games, No to money games lower than .5/1

BigEndian
02-24-2004, 11:52 AM
That's a good point. I change my mind /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

- Jim

BigBaitsim (milo)
02-24-2004, 12:04 PM
Good friend told me he had $40k in play money, so he put in $100 and went to the $.50/1 tables. It's gone and he's thinking of reloading. The free money games teach all the wrong skills, making the fish even fishier. Keep play money. I also agree that the mega-micro limits actually teach players a bit more than they need to learn and make those who work up to $1/2 that much tougher. Don't play Stars ring games at all anymore.

Prickly Pete
02-24-2004, 01:19 PM
I think most would be happy if any of the other major cardrooms had the multitude of player Party has. But in the meantime, we'll continue to play at the gigantuous cardroom.