PDA

View Full Version : The Hutchinson system

Gahnia radula
02-24-2004, 12:48 AM
jhanrahan's post got me thinking about this

Is there any website, or does someone have a exell type spreadsheet that can auto calculate the number of points each hand is worth?

So rather than sitting there manually calculating each hand, you could just type in the hand and get a instant score. Sort of like the twodimes website

Eg. you type in Ac 2d 7h 7d press enter and then presto you have a score for that hand

Gahnia radula

Phat Mack
02-24-2004, 05:03 AM
I created a database like this several years ago. I created it for a different purpose: I wanted to compare preflop playability between Omaha and hold 'em, and I wanted an arbitrary ranking system for the Omaha hands.

I have no idea where it is--probably on the hard drive of some box sitting in a corner somewhere. I can't even tell you if it was for Omaha Hi or Hi/lo. I do know that it only had the 16,432 discrete omaha hands in it, so if you had Ac 2h 7d 7h, you would have to enter something like A2s77s. But if you're interested, I'll look for it.

What kind of operating system are you on, and what sort of database software do you have?

Gahnia radula
02-24-2004, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But if you're interested, I'll look for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its easy to find that would be great, but if you have to spend 3 days searching for it dont bother. Im sure there are other more important things you could be doing......like playing poker

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of operating system are you on, and what sort of database software do you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm living in the dark ages, at least thats what my friends tell me. I'm running windows 98. The only database software i have is Microsoft access (i've never used it, is it even a database program??)

Thanks

Gahnia radula

Phat Mack
02-24-2004, 06:44 PM
If its easy to find that would be great, but if you have to spend 3 days searching for it dont bother.

I'm on the road, so it'll be a week before I can look for it. If I find it, I'll send you a PM.

crockpot
02-25-2004, 11:37 AM
can you pm me as well if you find this? i'd be interested to look at it.

jhanrahan
02-29-2004, 06:40 PM
i did a search for the hutchinson system throughout the archives and could not find anything. do you know of any good links that explain this. i am pretty commfortable with excel too, i might be able to help make a spreadsheet.

Gahnia radula
03-01-2004, 02:02 AM
The Hutchinson system is a point system. Hole card combination are given a numerical score based on how many point they earn.

The higher the numerical score the "better" the hand

The link below can explain it better than i can

http://ehutchison.homestead.com/omahasystem.html

Happy fishing

Gahnia radula

Drunk Bob
03-03-2004, 12:22 PM
I seem to find the O8 system seems a little loose and the Omaha Hi system a little tight,At least for LL games.