PDA

View Full Version : hand #1

01-31-2002, 04:02 AM
Prelude:

In 4-8 I'm playing Ad5d in middle position. There is a middle caller who is a good player and a late caller and the blinds. We all call and see a flop.

The flop is 335 with two spades. I open the betting and the good player raises. The late player calls and the blinds call and I call.

The turn is an offsuit Jack and I bet. The good player folds and the late player calls.

The river is an Ace. I bet, get called and take it down.

The good player tells me that she had 88 but couldn't just call me after the Jack fell and couldn't raise with other people still to act behind her. I think to myself that this is good to know.

I told her that I thought she had a straight draw. If she thought about that a little, I think this could have put her on tilt--but this isn't the point.

The hand (another day):

So I have KK in SB. A bunch of callers including the same good player in the middle of the table. I raise.

I flop my set, but there is a diamond draw on board and I have no King of diamonds. Well, I bet out and get called in three places, including the good player.

The turn is a blank and I bet out again and get called by only the good player.

The river pairs the board and the diamond draw doesn't get there and I have the top full house. I bet. She raises. I reraise and don't get payed off. I also don't show what I have and neither does she.

Comments?

01-31-2002, 12:25 PM
Hand #1 i would have check folded on the turn here after getting 2 guys cold calling the good players raise on the flop.

The reason being that I wouldn't be able to put the good player on anything other than a medium pair (66-99) in this situation, and I was suprised to see him/her fold to your bet. There is also the possibility of one of the smooth callers slow rolling a 3.

Hand 2 seems pretty straightforward...you flop a monster and get lucky with a few extra bets on the end, can't add anything there.

Wardy

01-31-2002, 01:35 PM