PDA

View Full Version : The Gaming Club must really love 2+2ers

Gamblor
02-23-2004, 08:21 PM
So I received my issue of The Gaming Club's Magazine "Cool Hand", which for 50-odd pages somehow had $10.95 on the cover. I would have liked to receive that money in my account rather than in the form of a free magazine, but I digress.

Nonetheless, I'm flipping through when I come across a story by Stephen Elliott on playing Texas Hold'em online.

After the story concludes with the author winning $1000 online, I come across a sidebar in which he gives his final advice to the aspiring online Poker player:

1) If you think you're in a room with good players, leave.
okay, this is good advice - although what defines good players? If you lose a pot or two early on?
2) Always stay in with a pair in the hole, even 2s. Take it to fourth street (the fourth top card), no matter what the cost.
Thank you, TGC! I hope your circulation reaches the millions.
3) Fold when you don't have it
Note to self, bluff more on TGC
4) The dealer seat is worth extra; If nobody has bet yet and you're the dealer, you bet.
So when is TGC implementing the "auto check-raise" button?

Thank you TGC for always looking out for us 2+2ers!

Lori
02-23-2004, 08:30 PM
The Dec/Jan edition has $15.00 on the cover, you were robbed.

Lori

MattHatter
02-23-2004, 08:45 PM
"2) Always stay in with a pair in the hole, even 2s. Take it to fourth street (the fourth top card), no matter what the cost."

3) Fold when you don't have it"

Is it just me.. or do rules 2 and 3 seem to contradict eachother?

Matt

ZeeJustin
02-23-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Dec/Jan edition has $15.00 on the cover, you were robbed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, the people that do NOT receive this seem to be the ones getting the +EV from it. I suppose it wouldn't be received to well if it had a negative price on the cover.

DanS
02-23-2004, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"2) Always stay in with a pair in the hole, even 2s. Take it to fourth street (the fourth top card), no matter what the cost."

3) Fold when you don't have it"

Is it just me.. or do rules 2 and 3 seem to contradict eachother?

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, lol, exactly what I was thinking. Gamblor's posts are shrewd enough that I'm surprised he didn't pick up on this.

Dan

JohnShaft
02-23-2004, 09:32 PM
You guys obviously haven't played enough with players who think 22 is IT enough to take to the River on an KQJT9 board.

All it needed adding was Phil's advice to "put all the bets in you can preflop with any pair sevens or above".

HUSKER'66
02-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Your obviously refering to the article by Stephen Elliot, "Swimming with Online Card Sharks". I guess you didn't notice that 2+2's own "Jeffage" was mentioned in the article. I've already talked with him about it and he said that the article was originally printed a couple of years ago. I think the "tips" your refering to were actually attributed to the articles author, though it's nice that TGC printed then in an official looking box. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PDX_David
02-24-2004, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

3) Fold when you don't have it

[/ QUOTE ]

And please email me when and where you will be playing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wait, I don't want to miss ya, here is my cell number.

Gamblor
02-24-2004, 02:04 AM
Yeah I noticed the "Jeffage".

I reserved a small chuckle for that as well.

Pizdets
02-24-2004, 11:40 AM
Got it too, i feel important /images/graemlins/cool.gif