PDA

View Full Version : JJ in MP- $2/4

joker122
02-23-2004, 08:00 PM
J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP. Folded to me, I raise. Only button and BB call.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB leads out, I smooth call, button raises. BB calls, I re-raise. Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet out, button calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet, he calls. Pot is 10.5 BB.

Comments? I don't know about my flop 3 bet. It might have been better to keep the BB in the hand and at the same time let the button think he has the best hand (although he might have had the best hand with QQ, it was unlikely). A turn check raise might have collected alot of bets, but then again who knows what the turn could have brought...that T was scary enough.

Results soon to follow.

JohnShaft
02-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Joker once you call the flop I think you have to 3-bet. Setting up the Turn checkraise is very dangerous on that board, as the Button could easily have been raising for a free card with a flush or broadway straight draw.

It looks more like he had the Queen with his river call, but I still think often enough this is a draw raising the flop to 3-bet it.

although he might have had the best hand with QQ, it was unlikely
Make that extremely unlikely. Some will call with Queens but it is very rare to a MP open raise. Also someone who plays like that will not raise this flop, but wait for the Turn to raise a fair percentage of the time imo. It takes a lot for me to put someone on the nuts when I have the second nuts. Particularly when it's a set.

Bob T.
02-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Your play was fine. The other option would be to raise on the flop, the button, is clearly no stranger to coldcalling, so calling two on the flop might not eliminate him unless he has nothing, in which case he might not call one bet.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Chaos_ult
02-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Nicely put John.

You almost have to 3-bet here with that board.

joker122
02-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Button has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif for a pair of Queens, MHIG.

bunky9590
02-23-2004, 08:47 PM
You need to post results for this hand?? Was it in doubt that you won?????

I like the smooth call/re-raise, no need to slowplay after the button raised and BB called. Screw em. Hammer down.