PDA

View Full Version : No-limit SNG scenario #2

X-Calibre
02-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Stars SNG, Hero on the BB with AKoff.

Relatively early in the blind levels, all fold to the Button who raises 3xBlind. SB folds. What do you do?

Same situation, but you have JJ?

CrisBrown
02-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Hiya X-Calibre,

Call. The money is deep enough that you don't want to risk your entire stack just yet. If an A or K hits, check-raise if there are no other paint cards on board, and be ready to lay down if you're reraised as he may be on a set. If an A or K hits with another paint, bet about 1/2 the pot, and be ready to go away if raised because he may have hit two pair.

If no A or K hits, obviously, you can check-fold with only your BB lost.

Cris

X-Calibre
02-23-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm assuming you are refering to my previous post "scenario #1" ?

CrisBrown
02-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Hiya X-Calibre,

Yes, I edited it accordingly. Oops. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cris

Utah
02-23-2004, 08:43 PM
I agree that the call is absolutely correct.

However, I would never checkraise. I think you lead at the pot heavily if an A or K falls.

Let him think, "Hey, he is trying to hard with that overbet to represent an A. Well, I have the A and I am going to make him pay".

This again leads to a bet, raise, reraise, allin situation.

Headsup here in an SNG I am willing to gamble unless the flop is particularly dangerous (e.g., 3 paints)

jaydoggie
02-24-2004, 06:41 AM
in this situation the check raise is just as good if not better. the blind theif is going to have to fire at the pot, especially if there's an ace 99% of the time when checked to him. if you lead out, and he has KK, QQ. he raises you reraise he folds. if you check he bets, you raise this seems to be a standard "play back" move, so he is more likely to push in IF he has the ace.

i like the check raise here. however if you flop bottom 2 pair, or a smaller set i prefer to lead out and get raised. theres a better chance he has a strong ace he will come over the top with.