PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 Kx sooted

ordnaryjam
02-23-2004, 04:07 PM
a pretty easy 5-10 table, mostly loose calling stations, the two most aggressive players are in the bb and utg.
i get K2d im mp,
Utg, utg +1 and utg +2 limp to me, expecting a nice passive pot i call, one lp limper behind me, sb calls bb checks.
flop comes A,9,7 w/ two diamonds (the A and the 9, makeing my draw to the nuts). Sb, BB check, utg checks, utg +1 bets, utg +2 calls i raise going for the freebie, lp folds, sb folds, bb calls, utg folds, utg +1 three bets, utg+2 calls-
do you raise here still going for the free card once more- utg +1 is loose fairly aggressive, gets out of line betting his draws. or do you just call and wait till your flush comes?

Ill spoil the ending just to show you how sweet this table was. i four bet, bb calls, utg +1 caps utg +2 calls i call, bb calls.
turn 3, non diamond, utg +1 bets, all call,
river 6 diamonds, bb bets out utg+1 calls, utg+2 calls, i raise, bb re-raises utg + 1 +2 both curse and fold, i reraise, utg caps.
utg show proudly his 5-8o for a rivered gut shot and exclaims "i didnt even see the flush /images/graemlins/shocked.gif!"
i rake huge pot and utg+1 claims to have had A9 and utg+2 A7 for flopped two pair for both of them.

sthief09
02-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Perfect example of someone using one situation to represent a hand. K2s in MP is a horrible hand. Loose/passive or not, you need over 20-1 implied odds to call. So you have to be GUARANTEED a $110+ pot to make this play, plus no matter how passive a game is, AA is AA, and if someone picks up a hand behind you, you are getting raised. Hands like this are a huge leak. I play 3/6 and don't even call the additional $2 to complete the SB with this hand unless there are at least 4 people in aside from the BB.

Anyone disagree?

bunky9590
02-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Nope, i agree.

K2s is total cheese.

ordnaryjam
02-23-2004, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect example of someone using one situation to represent a hand. K2s in MP is a horrible hand. Loose/passive or not, you need over 20-1 implied odds to call. So you have to be GUARANTEED a $110+ pot to make this play, plus no matter how passive a game is, AA is AA, and if someone picks up a hand behind you, you are getting raised. Hands like this are a huge leak. I play 3/6 and don't even call the additional $2 to complete the SB with this hand unless there are at least 4 people in aside from the BB.

Anyone disagree?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for you opinion, and i will agree with you in general that K2s in Mp is usually a horrible hand and i wouldn't usually play it, and my main question for this hand was weather or not to four bet the flop, but i would like to defend my decision to call-

1. this is a very loose table averaging 7+ players per flop, with four people already in i fully expected at least 2 more. (i was wrong in this case but the next five hands were 8, 7, 9, 6,8 players seeing the flop).
2. both aggressive players were already in and i had position on them, the player in the BB had raised in every position but the blinds so i wasnt worried about aggression preflop from him. I also will essentially control the betting postflop because players behind me wont thre bet without the absolute nuts.
3. Perhaps 3 times i had seen a sb throw his hand away (two of them were probably me) and i was counting him basically as 95% calling.
4. nearly every player will chase a backdoor flush or gutshot or bottom pair- meaning my implied odds when i hit are higher than usual.
This hand did spark some interest for me and i posted a thread in general theory about Kxs.

(and being results oriented i did drag a 3.5 BB pot, which was 60-1 implied odds on my preflop call)

bunky9590
02-23-2004, 06:38 PM
AS long as you cap legitimate hands, the I guess its okay, I don't mind the free card raise, but capping there is very LAGish.