PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 Nut flush draw

01-29-2002, 05:29 AM
6 limpers including SB to me in the BB with Ac5c. I check and we go to the flop.

Flop: Qd 2c 3c

I check, EP checks, MP bets, MP2, cutoff and button all call. SB folds, I checkraise, EP folds. MP pauses and decides to 3-bet. All now fold to me and I call. Heads up to the turn with 8BB in the pot when the smoke clears.

Turn: [Qd 2c 3c] 8d

I check, MP checks.

I'm not sure whether the river card or my $12 bet hit the felt first. At the very least my bet was in forward motion as the 5h hit the felt. MP folds quickly of course and I take it down.

I'm in an irritable mood and flip my cards face up towards my opponent as I'm raking in the pot and ask him "Are you sure you wanted clubs?"

I sure appreciate him 3-betting the flop and winning the pot for me.

Clark

01-29-2002, 11:37 AM
Bet the Flop.

Don't CR/Raise until the Turn; read the action.

This person semms to play very badly.:)

01-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Why wouldn't I checkraise the flop? I've got 4 callers sandwiched in for my 12 outer.

I agree that checkraising the turn can work in some games, but at this table it would have had no chance. Value raising the flop was much better than checkraising the turn with nothing but a draw because of the texture of the game.

01-29-2002, 03:19 PM
I can't believe you showed him your cards (but you probably already know that this was bad).

Everyone now knows you can bet/raise a draw for value (in any position); you think about what your opponent has; you can bluff at the end (acting on your read).

Why give this info? (you need to do better than just "an irritating mood" ) /images/smile.gif

Regards

01-29-2002, 06:16 PM
Not to be too nitpicky but poker players do things for all sorts of reasons other than EV. He said he was irritated and did it. C'est la vie. Maybe doing it made him feel better in a way that a miniscule amount of EV couldn't. He can make up for whatever he lost anyway, using the fact that he gave information to his advantage. Whatever.

KJS

(a bit irritated too sometimes)

01-30-2002, 02:48 AM

01-30-2002, 03:13 AM
"Maybe doing it made him feel better..."

Do you really think so? If I let them see my cards I see it often as a slight form of tilt. I often take a break after doing so.

"He can make up for whatever he lost anyway, using the fact that he gave information to his advantage."

The rare situations where you have an advantage by giving information away is when your opponents misinterpret the given information or take wrong conclusions out of it. In this hand I think he played solid poker and I can't see how this could give misleading information (or he has to be a maniac normally /images/wink.gif

Regards

01-30-2002, 03:53 AM
I am frequently perceived as a maniac. Does that make a difference?

I dislike limping preflop and raise far more than the average person. This tends to make people think "That crazy white guy is raising all the time". They never notice my hands, they only know that I raise alot. Throw in one goofball raise per session with something like 67s and they are sold.