PDA

View Full Version : Berating the beraters.....

jonahmavesin
02-23-2004, 01:23 AM
So my big pet peeve is people playing "pokercoach" to bad players, yelling at them for calling preflop with A2o of some such nonsense. Obviously, very bad.

But my problem is, I sometimes make a worse mistake - I fly into a rage and start flaming them online. They, still probably angry after the suck-out, flame back, and I keep on yelling until I've pretty much told the dude off good. Tonight I even said, "Why don't you just send him the complete works of Sklansky and direct him to www.twoplustwo.com (http://www.twoplustwo.com)?"

Needless to say, this is worse than his original coaching in terms of enlightening the calling stations.

Oddly, I'm not usually a tilter in my play. But I can go on chat-rage over this quite easily. Just thought I'd share. I won't do it any more, I swear.

Anyone else have this problem? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

astroglide
02-23-2004, 02:21 AM
just say 'his money is as good as yours'

LetsRock
02-24-2004, 01:13 PM
I always say something like "Everyone has their own style. Let him play his cards his way." or "He's winning isn't he?"

It's hard to get some of these guys to shut up. You can't compound the problem by being too "obvious" in your attempts to get him to stop.

Try flooding the chat window with gibberish if he keeps on to keep his statements from lingering too long.

scotnt73
02-24-2004, 01:18 PM
i play with the chat off and the chairs empty. i never tilt anymore.

DrSavage
02-24-2004, 01:22 PM
I did it a couple of times and I'm ashamed of it. In my defense I only yelled at the berater after the humiliated fish left. It was a stupid thing to do, especially considering that the berater turned out to be quite a fish himself. Thankfully he didn't go anywhere.

Losing all
02-24-2004, 01:35 PM
I do this a lot myself, but throwing Sklansy and 2+2 out there is going off the deep end. C'mon man! I like the subtle approach. "So when's your book due out? You fuggin expert you" or "Go teach in play money, moron"

CrackerZack
02-24-2004, 01:51 PM
I do this frequently also. I was in a game on UB the other day and "coach" would not shut up. I always call them "coach". It entertains me. After the 2 biggest donators left and I was on my last orbit, I said, my usually "gla" and mentioned I was done after this. Then said I said "and a special thanks to coach for turning a very good table into a crappy one", he responded "lol" and I said, "if I'm wrong, tell me how." and played 4 more hands before the blinds. He had a very obvious name which makes me wonder if he was a 2+2er but whatever. It was real obnoxious.

TomCollins
02-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Best reply- "Don't tap the glass."

DrSavage
02-24-2004, 01:56 PM
My conversation was also quite funny. After I yelled at him he told me that he did it on purpose , " to put him on tilt and use that to my advantage". I found that very amusing since that guy was seeing 80% of the flops and him being on tilt couldn't possibly matter since it's physically impossible to play any worse.

Losing all
02-24-2004, 02:03 PM
haha very nice.

jedi
02-24-2004, 02:47 PM
It's really funny when this happens. I remember a guy berating someone else for "bad play," when in reality the guy was already in on the big blind, and had the right implied odds to chase his flopped flush draw with 75s, even in the face of a pre-flop raise. To make matters worse, this was no limit, and the pre-flop raiser only mini raised with KK.

Remember, some suckouts are worse than others /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I did it a couple of times and I'm ashamed of it. In my defense I only yelled at the berater after the humiliated fish left. It was a stupid thing to do, especially considering that the berater turned out to be quite a fish himself. Thankfully he didn't go anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frozen
02-24-2004, 05:15 PM
I post this link repeatedly until they shut the hell up. It usually works.

http://www.cardplayer.com/?sec=afeature&art_id=296

HavanaBanana
02-24-2004, 06:50 PM
I tend to ask them why they are playing 2-4 instead of 20-40 if they knowitall, they might not clam up, but atleast I got my point out.
But many do it because they are frustrated that their 'good' cards do not stand up, and they are really giving away lots of info for free, espechially if you just sat down.

Tight fishies are fishes too...

Lori
02-27-2004, 01:07 PM
blakemilosh: king queen huh

lorinda: I think the stating the obvious award was january

#418352347: MrDavid wins 1800 chips from the main pot with three of a kind, queens.

bigglarry: FXXK !!!!!!! LUCKY ASS DRTAW

lorinda: ah, and the insults awards are not till march

MrDavid: and I suppose you have had zero luck getting to $2600!!!!!

lorinda: lol

MrDavid: all skill when you win...and really bad luck when u lose...learn to lose pala

lorinda: hey, that's my motto

bigglarry: only REAL losers learn that ! lol

lorinda: yep

lorinda: but us losers pay your wagers

lorinda: and wages too

Lori