PDA

View Full Version : c/r'd Flush Draw

TheRake
02-22-2004, 11:17 PM
No specific reads..I am playing multiple tables. Table in general is typical loose/passive

Party Poker 2/4 Hold 'Em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO-1 calls, CO folds, Button raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO-1 calls.

Flop: (12.5 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, CO-1 checks, Button bets, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero raises, CO-1 folds, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

I decided to check raise to try and trap some callers between me and the pf raiser.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, Button calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

I sense hesitation from the button. I think maybe he is on an underpair to the K (TT or QQ) or maybe AQ.

River: (12.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, Button folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

I bet the river because I think it is the only way I can win now.

What do you think of my play?

TheRake

JoeU
02-23-2004, 12:39 AM
I think you acted on your read and it worked out. Nothing wrong with this hand (although I'd have a tough time firing that bullet in the river). I think the check/raise is a good play on the flop. If you hit, you've put that much extra money in the pot. You might get the ATo hands to fold, cleaning up your kicker/outs as well.

Joe

TheRake
02-23-2004, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...I'd have a tough time firing that bullet in the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not having a specific read on this opponent I am not sure if he folds more than 1 in 12 times. As I said I felt the pot was big enough to fire the last bullet on the river in hopes of winning.

TheRake

ScottTheFish
02-23-2004, 03:21 PM
I would raise the flop here as well, with a draw to the nuts and a guaranteed 3 callers, maybe 4.

Bet on the river was iffy, but the button did look like he was on a draw, and surely the 6s didn't help him. So it was worth a shot, IMO. I think he definitely folds 1 in 12 times here.

I think the raise on the flop really helped you. Wouldn't surprise me if he was on a diamond draw as well, and figured you for at least top pair.

bernie
02-24-2004, 01:05 AM
i like it.

one thing about c/r'ing, many wont put you on a draw. for the simple fact that they wont c/r a draw. so theyll put you on a strong, made hand. which helps greatly in betting that river. it makes that river bet something to be even more considered given the play of the hand. if he didnt have the best hand, someone else who folded earlier likely did.

good one.

b