PDA

View Full Version : Some Foxwoods 5/10 Hands (long?)

BottlesOf
02-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Here are some hands from a great FW 5/10 table the other day. I would appreciate any and all input and I think Hand 4 is the most interesting.

This particular table had everything, loose-passive players, a maniac who bluffed and some weak-tighties, I had identified the characteristics of many of the players and was ready to go, except I wasn't being dealt the best of cards. Overall, the table played loose-passive, except when the maniac chose to get involved.

9-handed

I get A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in EMP. UTG+1 limps, (looooooose passive, "Oh this card has a picture on it? Let's see the river!) I limp, MP3 limps, folds to SB (the maniac who will ram and jam his 33 with 4 overcards on the board) completes, BB checks. Five to the flop

Flop 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1 checks, I bet, MP3 folds, SB check-raises, UTG+1 drops. I call

Turn pairs a 4 (not heart) He checks to me, sensing BS on his c/r, I bet the scare card, he calls.

River is a non-heart 2, he checks, I bet, he calls. He tables 66 and MHIG.

Hand 2: I have J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB.

Details are a little sketchy here. 4 people limp the button (who is the maniac bluffer) raises, SB (any face card, loose-passive) calls. I have not played a hand in quite a while and am concerned about my image. While these players aren't particularly observant, they do notice when someone is absent from the game for a while and paint a bullseye on them. I call, so do the rest.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checks to the raiser, who bets, sb calls, I call, so does 1 weak-tight MP.

Turn J /images/graemlins/club.gif [8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif]

SB checks, I check, MP checks, Button bets, SB calls, I raise, everyone drops.

I figured there was a decent shot my hand was good and the c/r would scare the weak tighties (MP and SB) and I'd have it hu with the button, oh well, this works too.

Note, I would not try this at most tables, but I liked it here.

Here's another play I would not play the same way at other tables, but may illustrate how good the table was:

Hand 3:

UTG (Bluffer-maniac) raises UTG (means almost nothing), any face card (EMP) on my immediate right calls, I 3-bet with 88, folds to the UTG who calls as does the cold-caller.

I get the BEST imaginable flop: AK8

UTG bets, EMP calls, I raise, UTG 3-bets, EMP calls, I cap, both call.

Turn: 7 [AK8]

UTG bets, EMP calls, I raise, UTG calls, EMP calls

River 8: [AK87] Checks to me, I bet, UTG calls, EMP folds /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MHWG /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ok, but not all was good. The Maniac bluffer went broke, some new people came, I moved seats, and this hand came up.

Kill pot.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps, I call in MP1, Kill blind on my immediate left checks, folds to the CO who calls, Button calls, Blinds complete.

8 to the flop

Flop is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

UTG checks, UTG+1 bets (UTG+1 is loose pre-flop and ABC post flop) I raise, folds to CO who calls as does button, blinds and UTG drop, UTG+1 calls.

Turn is the 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif [2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

UTG+1 bets. (Sh!t. Ok since he's predictable, he has the 5, we'll split the pot, but I don't want to scare out these other hopless players) I call, as does CO and button.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif [6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

Not good. Checks to the button who bets, all call, he shows 77.

Did my lack of raise on the turn cost me this pot? Was I right in not fearing one the three possible daggers, or did I make a catastrophic mistake?

All comments appreciated.

BottlesOf
02-22-2004, 09:38 PM

BaronVonCP
02-22-2004, 10:20 PM
I think I might have raised the turn in that last hand but there's some saying about hindsight.

Joe Tall
02-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Hand#1
Looks like the typical preflop/flop maniac, chill unimproved turn/river maniac, I'd play it the same way.

Hand#2

Looks like you've got a little case of impatient-tilt. Fold preflop. I like the play on the turn, good read.

Hand#3

Well played preflop/flop. Nice hand.

Hand#4

Even if you do think it's a chop, still raise to drive out anything holding on that's looking to improve.

In the future, separate the hands with some bold print as the hands seem to blend into each other.

Peace,
Joe Tall

DrDre7
02-24-2004, 07:36 PM
First 3 hands look good. Calling the PF raise on the 3rd hand isn't a terribly good idea, but given the circumstances and your read of the maniac, it turned out well. Good raise on the turn.

You almost assuredly lost the 4th hand due to your lack of a raise on the turn. If you think you are going to split the pot with an opponent, and there are still other folks in the hand, you've gotta ram and jam that pot to get them off their draws. With so much money in the pot PF, and by just calling the turn, you gave the button proper odds to call his gutshot and suck out.

// Dre

AceHigh
02-24-2004, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have not played a hand in quite a while and am concerned about my image.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is Foxwoods, most of your opponents don't have a clue, fold the hand before the flop.