PDA

View Full Version : Paradise discrepancy from crash

serling
02-22-2004, 12:56 PM
I think Paradise might also have been part of that DOS attack last night.

I was playing a ring game when it locked up -- later they sent an email stating balances at the time of the crash... and it was $150 less than what I had at the table.

Unfortunately, I didn't capture the screen or write down the exact amount. Because it wasn't a tournament, I didn't expect a problem.

I retrieved my last 100 hand histories and the last one is dated 2004/02/22-01:57:28 (CST). The timestamp may be correct, but when I looked at the hand, I recall playing at least half an hour past this and with different players.

I'm extremely disturbed by this outcome.

Was anyone else playing on Paradise and find a similar occurrence (even it was in your favor)?

serling

MicroBob
02-22-2004, 01:29 PM
didn't notice anything.

the crash was reported on 2+2 at 3:32am CST.
my last HH before the crash was listed at 3:33am CST.

my account level was as expected...although i wasn't exactly monitoring it that closely.

played again from 4:02am to 4:30 (CST) after they got the servers back up also....had checked my account and did not notice any problem.

serling
02-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Thanks microboy. That means at the very least I should have another 1 1/2 hours of hand histories somewhere.

I haven't heard back from Paradise yet, but I'll report back if/when I do.

serling

serling
02-22-2004, 06:42 PM
This is the response I received from Paradise. I'm relieved it was handled quickly and without the runaround I know would've entailed at Party. It's not the entire $150, but it'll suffice, I'm happy, and I won't have to start a ban Paradise petition.

serling

==================================
After last night's server problem, it appears a small number of players (including you) had their balances off by the total of the last hand. We've added $100 at this time as well as an additional $25 as a service gesture.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Craig
Paradise Poker Support