PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 sb hand

ordnaryjam
02-22-2004, 12:18 PM
10-20 game, fairly loose and sporadically aggressive. I get A5s in the sb, five limpers, i complete bb checks.
flop A Q 5r with one of my suit, i bet out two callers to a lp limper who raises i re raise BB calls, lp player calls.
turn Q not of my suit-
your play.

ShortStack
02-22-2004, 01:00 PM
Bet.

I liked your call from the SB. With A9s I might have raised.

You flopped top pair with a lowsy kicker. The bet and reraise were right on target.

The turn gave you top pair, matching the Ace on the board, but your kicker sucks. I'd bet. There's a lady out there somewhere, hopefully in the deck, but I don't worry about monsters under the bed. Another Ace with a better kicker is also likely. Your opposition should worry while you play your cards.

How did it turn out?

ordnaryjam
02-22-2004, 01:16 PM
shortstack- i actually flopped two pair (top and bottom) but was counterfitted on the turn.
anyway, i checked the turn and the BB bets out and lp calls. I folded and this is my problem, the pot is fairly large, 7 BB's already, but i feel like the best i can hope ofr right now is a split with the lp and i will probably need help with the kicker on the river to do so. The river came a 9 and it was checked down with the BB showing a flush draw he picked up on the turn and lp showing A8 for what would have been a split pot for me.

ShortStack
02-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Wow! How tired and stupid could I be? I couln't even see you had two pair! Yikes! Sorry to waste your time. I'll review this one again after a long nap.

Good Luck!

astroglide
02-22-2004, 04:21 PM
check the turn, check the river, fold if it's 2 bets to you.