PDA

View Full Version : A hand

slavic
02-22-2004, 03:59 AM
20/40 B&M 8 players fairly passive tonight with a couple good donators.

No real interesting hands until this one.

EMP tightish player open raises. Reasonable raising standards I've seen him advertise once in 120 hours of play, he will bet position. Folds to the SB who calls (very loose and misses few flops) and I call in the BB with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Flop is T /images/graemlins/club.gif x /images/graemlins/spade.gif x /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, I check, EP bets, SB folds, I call

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

check, bet, call

River T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, bet, I call

astroglide
02-22-2004, 04:18 PM
you think he'll bet an unimproved AJ or worse here? if you want to win the pot, try doing something active on the flop or turn.

slavic
02-22-2004, 04:20 PM
yep that's what I wanted to hear

elysium
02-23-2004, 03:55 AM
hi slav
check-call the flop; check-raise the turn. you must represent the board if you're going to take this opponent on. actually, you may be better off folding pre-flop. having decided to call, and it's not a bad call slav, you must now represent the board when rags flop. you do that by check-calling the flop, and check-raising the turn. if this is a very solid raiser, however, you shouldn't be in there against him. if you get called on the turn, check-fold the river.

by the way slav, if you're going to see the river, then you are better off betting out on the flop. if you're opponent raises, reraise. you will need to hit something on the turn, here....hmmmm. i'm just now seeing the nut draw. well, here, had you bet-out and then 3 bet the flop, leading out on the turn may have done it. but check-calling the flop, and then check-raising the turn is clearly best here slav. if you are betting out, i think i'd try for the river bluff.

by the way, never call with AQ unimproved against most opponents. you need to fold AK, and have a reasonable expectation to fold other hands that may beat you. here, 99 and 88 are hands that tight opponents will sometimes fold. you also have the option to check-raise the river if you read your opponent as weak being weak. often, AK will bet here, and so will AQ, but it's dicey. the texture of the board argues against it here. but watch for an LP bettor who bets into you after you have busted out. if you didn't show strength, you must question why he is betting. if you have A high, or even K high, it may be worth a raise. and you may not be bluffing.

Clarkmeister
02-23-2004, 03:58 AM
It might work, but you will want to vomit if he shows you AK. Heck, bet out on the river if you can't summon the spunk to raise on any of the first three streets.

Enon
02-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Where can you play 20/40 in Seattle?

Also, what are the opponents like at this level and even higher limits?

Lastly, do you ever play 10/20 at the Hideaway in North Seattle?

bernie
02-23-2004, 11:35 AM
id be looking to raise the turn. or bluff raise the river. is he capable of folding a better hand? that's a factor to consider. but id still try it somewhere.

b

ynotgolf
02-23-2004, 12:17 PM
Everyday here at Muckleshoot, cmon down. With $50-$100 spread on weekends if you're feeling frisky.

nykenny
02-23-2004, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop is T /images/graemlins/club.gif x /images/graemlins/spade.gif x /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold now.

you might have won this hand given the fact u said this hand was "interesting", but Fold on the flop anyway and consider this bet saved a bet won.

Kenny

Enon
02-23-2004, 03:39 PM
I'm feeling frisky but sadly I cannot play because I am studying in South Africa for another few weeks. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

slavic
02-23-2004, 03:48 PM
It might work, but you will want to vomit if he shows you AK.

Clark I posted this because I played it like @#$%, I still play like #$%@ and it frustrates me to no end. At the 10/20 level playing versus a typical raiser I would cram this on the turn but for some reason I let this player intimidate me on this hand.

Against the normal fare of players who play either too loose or both too loose and too aggressive I would have no problem but I keep screwing up my hand reading with over thinking my avoidance strategy. It frustrates me, I'll play near perfect for hours but pull one of these brain dead hands and cost myself half a day.

In this case I got lucky, he had AJo but I posted it because I needed the verbal beating. I knew the best hands I could hope for against me were AJ, AQ, and AK. If I raise I can win versus all 3 but just calling puts me at a severe disadvantage considering his other possible holdings(AA - 77).

slavic
02-23-2004, 03:56 PM
50/100 normally has a chance to spread on Thursdays and Saturdays. It's played with 100/200 overs and runs 5 to 6 handed.

20/40 runs every day. Games typically start by 11:30 am and there are normally two games running on the weekends and sometimes on Tuesday and Thursday.

The only other game I know of in the mid limits would be the Tualip 15/30 that spreads on fridays.