PDA

View Full Version : another great and wonderful hand....dammit

01-24-2002, 05:11 PM
all fold to me in late mid pos...i have KJs, i raise, button calls, as does the BB.

flop K x 4 rainbow

BBchecks, i bet, both call

turn J

BB checks, i check

so..

button bets, BB calls, i check raise, both call

river...4

BB bets?

now im thinkin, what? chasin a 4? i think a minute then say, ill call yer trips...this situation im usually not worried about the runner flush ...i call

button folds, 50-50 whether she calls if i fold..

BB turns over Axs for the flush. i turn my hand over and button says "we had the same thing"

my thinking "why the hell didnt ya raise the flop?"

at first i was kinda torked at the runner flush, til i thought about the buttons play.

thats the way it goes sometimes....

b

01-25-2002, 03:59 PM
Open raise is fine, flop bet fine. I don't like the turn checkraise. Heads up it might be worth a try, but not with 2 opponents.

Think of it like this. If you had bet the turn, NOW button might raise. While this might not knock out the BB, it might. You get a chance to 3-bet as well. Think how mad you would have been if button had checked and BB got his flush on the river for free. Ugh. Bet, Bet, Bet.

01-25-2002, 09:43 PM
good point about the turn. however i did have a good read that she would bet here. but in hindsight i probably shoulda let her raise me. i just wish shed have bet the flop when she needed to.

still enjoying my wonderful downswing...lol

thanks for the ideas

b