PDA

View Full Version : party 15/30 i play bad

AJo Go All In
02-21-2004, 10:59 PM
taking a shot at this, normally i play big bet but tryign to improve my limit game.

MP raises, folded around to me in my BB with K9o and i defend. this is supposed to be a fold here, right?

flop is 6c-8c-9h. i flopped the nuts. i check, he bets, i check-raise, he 3-bets, i call.

turn pairs the 8. check-check.

river is a J. i bet.

Garland
02-22-2004, 12:14 AM
K9o is definitely a borderline defense. But I don't mind it as it comes from a middle position player. Hopefully he isn't tight though. Keep in mind that I've become one of the tightest players in the blinds now.

His turn check behind comes as the board pairs 8s. This is standard for many good players, I believe. He may be trying to induce a bluff bet from you on the river or is peeling for a free card.

I don't like the river bet. If he's not betting the turn, I hardly think there's anything he will call that you can beat. You also risk getting raised or bluff-raised. He will fold if he has nothing. If he is a bluffer, allow him to bluff at the end and call his bet and you minimize your damages that way.

Garland

Manzanita
02-22-2004, 12:16 AM
AJo,

this is supposed to be a fold here, right?

In the B&M games I play I would fold this hand. Three key factors are that the pot is small, you are out of position, and, since the MP is not on a blind steal, he should have a better hand.

-- Manzanita

mikelow
02-22-2004, 12:22 AM
fold preflop--otherwise played fine.

AJo Go All In
02-22-2004, 01:06 AM
after the turn i put him squarely on ace-high. thus my river bet.

elysium
02-22-2004, 03:19 AM
hi aj
the pre-flop call is not good. the rest of the hand is fine.

SA125
02-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Manz - "I would fold this hand. Three key factors are that the pot is small, you are out of position, and, since the MP is not on a blind steal, he should have a better hand"

Great answer. Biggest problem is what you do when the K flops. Will you fold to raises if the K hits? Will you try ch/r etc to see if the K is good? Now you're making bets to try and save what might not be worth it.

Being outkicked and paying off from the blinds, especially for small pots, can become an easily justifiable bad habit.