PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever played a 7.50-15.00 game?

01-23-2002, 11:12 PM
One of the poker rooms in my area, the Trop in Atlantic City now posts a $7.50-$15.00 hold em game. They call it the "pink" game because the game gets played with pink $7.50 chips.

I want to sit in the game, however I am curious if anyone that posts here has ever heard of such a game. I normally sit $5-$10, but this new game has replaced the 5-10 game.

I watched the game the other night and the line up didnt seem too rough. I would just like other players opinions on the game.

Best Wishes

MK

01-23-2002, 11:17 PM
No, never played it. But it probably has two good things going for it.

1) The same players as the 5-10 so if you can beat the 5-10, you can beat this too.

2) People either:

a) play tighter at a higher limit and you can steal more often

b) play looser because there's so much more money in the pot and they want it. More money means more ability to get pot odds towards your draws.

01-24-2002, 01:27 PM
The "pink game" I've always known at the Trop uses the $2.50 pink blackjack chips, and the table would discourage the use of any reds. The effect is that everyone at the table appears to have a huge stack, with bets coming out in 3- and 6-chip stacks. The appearance of these "big" bets and pots often has a psychological effect, and can turn ordinary tourists into action-crazed loons.

If your personal mantra is "a little variance never hurt anyone," jump in. Win or lose, the game is usually a blast.

01-24-2002, 03:06 PM

01-25-2002, 01:42 AM
The game is not tough and is much easier than the typical Taj 10-20. Many 3-6 players take shots also. It is usually an action game, especially on Saturday nights and it is the only reason I visit Trop anymore. Good luck and bring lots of hundred dollar bills. If Im there (on weekends) I'm the 21 yr old kid with the borwn hair and the buttoned shirt. Good luck and post a report!

Jeff