PDA

View Full Version : Deriving A players Psyche from their Quotes

08-16-2002, 03:14 PM
Try these on for size and please tell me what you think about their psyche by what they said and who they are before you peek below. All are past or current quotes from well known posters on this forum.

1)"My hand was good."

2)"Irrelevant"

3)"...but now, all this bickering about stupid stuff that will never be solved by a bunch of faceless hacks on a bulletin board...." (truncated for maximum effect)

4)"Ripdog=Idiot savant without the savant part."

5)"Hey Sklansky nice guess but I believe you are wrong. Of course I'm not sure what you are saying so you could be right. It is possible you know. That you can be wrong, that is."

1)One of our gracious hosts Mason Malmuth

2)Another gracious? host David Sklansky

3)Baggins regarding the Other Topics forum

3)desire regarding Ripdog

4)Vince, nothing more needs to be said

08-16-2002, 04:24 PM
what's your point?

08-16-2002, 06:31 PM
I do believe you just reinforced my point with your kind response baggins.

Faceless Hack

08-17-2002, 03:54 AM
I thought desire's response to my hacking on her was funny. One of her better posts, I'd have to say. I don't see what this has to do with playing poker though. I hear that many of the great baseball players were complete a-holes. Does this mean that the people you mentioned are more likely to be great players? I guess I missed the point too.

08-17-2002, 04:44 AM

08-17-2002, 04:45 AM
"Does this mean that the people you mentioned are more likely to be great players?"

he mentioned me. does that mean i will be a great player? i think i have the talent. just gotta work on the discipline and the bankroll...

08-17-2002, 11:54 AM
I suppose my point was that good players seem to be on opposite ends of the "witty scale". Either you have a dynamic, outgoing and witty personality or you come across as dry and unemcumbered by extraneous emotional activity. I see very few average posters who are above average in either their poker advice or their play at the tables. Just a personal observation and I was wondering if anyone else had seen a similiar correlation. Or am I just seeing "monsters under the bed"?

Just another,

Faceless Hack

08-17-2002, 05:24 PM
could be a good observation. but i don't think that it is necessarily this way. i mean, you can beat the softest games without an ounce of imagination or wit. and i'd call beating the softest games good game selection. but, perhaps wit, or maybe just a sharp humorous side is indicative of a whole lot going on in the noggin, which is ALWAYS helpful re poker.

08-17-2002, 05:27 PM
glad to see that people are using my words to name themselves...

08-17-2002, 08:20 PM
baggins,

I did use this name because of your quote. It is a compliment. That was one of the greates quotes I have seen on this forum. Keep up the good work and continue to offer me more great material.

Faceless Hack

08-18-2002, 09:12 PM
thanks for the compliment. sometimes i can't tell if you're serious, or just really f'in deadpan...