PDA

View Full Version : AA with QQ on the flop

jasonlk
02-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Greetings,

Playing 3-6 at Kenmore Lanes near Seattle. I'm dealt A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG+1 at a fairly loose passive table. UTG folds, I limp in. Folded to MP who calls. LP raises, SB folds, BB calls. I re-raise, MP calls, LP calls, BB calls.

4 see a flop of 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet. MP calls, LP calls, BB folds.

Turn is a rag. I bet, MP calls, LP folds.

Another rag on the river. No flushes on the board. I check, MP checks.

Results in white:

<font color="white"> MP turns over AQ for the flopped set. </font>

Would appreciate any comments.

Barry
02-21-2004, 03:49 PM
If its a loose passive table, you have to raise PF with those A's. If it was an aggressive table, then going for a limp/re-raise would be OK. Get the $ in with the best hand PF.

Flop and turn are fine. When you're not raised on the turn you should value bet the river, you'll get paid off by all sorts of PP's

Results: Thank the other player for costing you the least here. And he has trips, not a set.

JohnShaft
02-21-2004, 03:52 PM
First of all I raise preflop. It's a passive table, limp-reraising is not going to work. Make them call two cold if they want to draw out on you. OK it worked this time, but why do it at a passive table (especially after a limper).

I'd bet the river.
MP checks it down? Jeezus Almighty. Now THAT is passive.
If he's passive enough that he's not going to raise a good Queen on the River the bet is even better. His non-bet is pretty amazing though.

The more I read about low limit *live* hands the more I think "Jeezus. Why can't i get in these games?" (besides not playing live that is)

Tosh
02-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Bet the river.

Don't know what your opponent was playing at postflop.

Haupt_234
02-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Like everyone else said, def. raise preflop.

As for the river, I would have bet. I am not sure why your opponent check/called trips with an A kicker.

Make a note of him, and look for him when you play. This is the type of loose/passive player to profit off of!

Haupt_234

goofball
02-21-2004, 04:42 PM
god i love kenmore.

i always say that if you have chips in front of you you have the right to play any cards you like anyway you like.

some of those people really take that to the extreme. live straddles, then when they are raised blind reraises. playing cards blind. raising on the river and then calling out 'i play the board'

*drools*